Author Topic: I've heard of 11-year old girls aping Taylor, Katie, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga ...  (Read 11051 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
... but Ronnie was new to me ... best visual moment at 4:34, the child is a card-carrying satanist!!!

They shouldn't let children sing about mushrooms either, not those kind of mushrooms at least ...

Video of the artist as an even younger girl ...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:53:04 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
She has a powerful voice for any age. And she sounds much better than Grace Slick, although that's not hard to do anyway.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Remarkable choice of repertoire for a girl of her age. Wish my kids would show an interest in rock music...
But I'm not particularly impressed by her singing though. It's not bad, but not great either.

This Dutch girl also sang quite a remarkable repertoire when she auditioned on a Dutch TV show:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
She still misses notes, but it's getting better over time, just imagine what she might be once she's 18.

That little opera singer is amazing too.

As for your kids taking an interest in rock music ... give them time. That only started with my son around the time he was 13 and he progressed swiftly from Right Said Fred to Eminem to Korn to Judas Priest to Guns 'n' Roses, Mötley Crüe, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin to, errrm, Delta Blues and Bluegrass. And now sends me emails in the middle of the night proudly displaying how he has effectively used his most recent Kay or old Gibson acquisition to emulate Jimmy Page's sound circa 1969. Yes, Jimmy Page. Not Ritchie Blackmore. Children can be incredibly cruel.

I'm going out with him around Easter for a two week trip to Nashville and then down the Mississippi, a father & son roots of blues exploration road movie ...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:02:09 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Wow Uwe, pretty cool trip with your son - have a great time!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl

I'm going out with him around Easter for a two week trip to Nashville and then down the Mississippi, a father & son roots of blues exploration road movie

That is awesome Uwe. Have fun!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I'm going out with him around Easter for a two week trip to Nashville and then down the Mississippi, a father & son roots of blues exploration road movie ...

Let us know if you find Bob's Country Bunker!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

lowend1

• View Profile
"On an Don an Don, it's Heaven an Dhell"
Evil, bitter old man that I am ;), I'm not generally inclined to give kids a pass on things like this. Phrasing is a big deal to me. Fact is, almost every School Of Rock here in the US has a couple of yewts with this level of ability. They all aren't 11 years old, but it's not that rare.
When it comes to musical wunderkind I always look for maturity in the vocal, as opposed to just the ability to hit notes.
I always use this lady's first album as a reference point (she now has a steady gig as a member of Kid Rock's touring band).
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile

You planning on taking a raft own the Mississippi? You do want it to be authentic, don't you?  ;)

Plenty to see in Memphis and in the Mississippi delta.

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
We'll expect a father/son duo hard-rock version of Paul Siebel's Nashville upon your return ........
Experience is the ultimate teacher

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
You planning on taking a raft own the Mississippi? You do want it to be authentic, don't you?  ;)

If you take that raft trip you each need a a pair of these to be authentic  ;D :

http://www.round-house.com/products/45-round-house-made-in-usa-vintage-hickory-stripe-bib-overalls

To my knowledge these are the only overalls still made in America.  Hickory stripe is a truly a fashion statement - I wear mine when i work in the yard - one strap hanging loose without a shirt...drives the soccer mommies mad! :o :rolleyes:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I miss my Big Mac coveralls.  Wore out the ones my dad left me.  Had to buy Ebay Chinese-made ones, but I did get color choise.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

FrankieTbird

• View Profile

Watch out for inbreds.
 :gay:

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Watch out for inbreds.
 :gay:

Uwe's son plays banjo. He'll know to watch out if he hears Dueling Banjos.  ;D

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
I miss my Big Mac coveralls.  Wore out the ones my dad left me.  Had to buy Ebay Chinese-made ones, but I did get color choise.

Check out the Round House website - can't go wrong for $29.00  I wear mine when it's cooler down here - they really are hard to wear in the heat.  Regardless of when i wear them I catch hell from the neighbors!  Keep in mind that my wife and her friends have been calling me a fashion insult for about 35 years ;)