Author Topic: I've heard of 11-year old girls aping Taylor, Katie, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga ...  (Read 11043 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the tipps and witty remarks - I'm sure we'll have something to report along the way!

In fact my son will be severely disappointed if the South he envisages is not gonna match his Deliverance expectations, he has made a point that he wants to go to places "where they regularly don't see tourists". Meanwhile, my major concern is how everyone will be thinking that we are a gay couple (which is ok) with a huge age difference (that is embarrassing for me!) - middleaged dirty old man with young handsome guy - and whether my helpful explanation that "We're really only father and son!" won't make things even worse!  :mrgreen:

OMG, as I write this, my office stereo randomly plays Molly Hatchet's "Bounty Hunter" - "outlaws on the loose, running, running from the noose".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:18:46 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

nofi

• View Profile
don't forget to visit dockery farms  in dockery, ms. anybody who is somebody worked there as a sharecropper. names include son house, muddy waters, charlie patton. howlin' wolf...
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
http://www.round-house.com/collections/round-house-made-in-usa-bib-overalls

That there is gin-you-wine manly man wear. And the prices are fair.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
http://www.round-house.com/collections/round-house-made-in-usa-bib-overalls

That there is gin-you-wine manly man wear. And the prices are fair.

He's planning on wearing lederhosen.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile

Hmm, lederhosen-alls?  Cut the legs off of the overalls and wear the knee socks and garters! :o

One word of caution Uwe - in the deepest part of the deep south DO NOT wear a "man bag"  - people will talk!  Now, wallet on a chain would pass muster ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Hmm, lederhosen-alls?  Cut the legs off of the overalls and wear the knee socks and garters! :o

I think in the South, the knee socks and garters only go with the seersucker suit that comes with shorts.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile

I wanted to stick with my he-man(owar) assless chaps and the Dean Dimebag Darrell Flying V!

nofi

• View Profile
i don't know what south you guys are talking about because i can go years without seeing overalls. not even at walmart. i used to spend a lot of time in rural georgia but its basically blue jeans. sorry to rain on your hillbilly delusions.  :o

westen44

• View Profile
i don't know what south you guys are talking about because i can go years without seeing overalls. not even at walmart. i used to spend a lot of time in rural georgia but its basically blue jeans. sorry to rain on your hillbilly delusions.  :o

+1
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I'm not a hillbilly but I can play one in my Big Macs.

Usually when I'm working under my car.   ;D

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
You'll see more overalls here in the upper midwest than in the south. Not so much in the big cities, of course.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
No worries, we're already in mode. Krauts assimilate quickly anywhere.  "Cultural Learnings of America for Benefit of Great Nation of Khazakstan"!!!

nofi

• View Profile
atlanta may as well be hollywood as far as fashion goes. your son looks like a refugee from the chickasaw mudd puppies. heavy lil' abner vibe going on. :)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Don't worry, no one will mistake him for the suth'n group - he has all his teeth (presumably).

nofi

• View Profile
you guys watch too much bad television.