Author Topic: Important Lemmy news  (Read 4121 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Important Lemmy news
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »
Two beers is my usual limit, with an extension to three if I start early, stay up late and don't drive.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
A glass of malt, once a week, whilst having a soggie and reading a book... slainte...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »
A glass of malt, once a week, whilst having a soggie and reading a book... slainte...

Kenny.....What's a soggie?   ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
Since getting divorced, I no longer have a reason to drink.   :mrgreen:

I'm still trying to figure out how Lemmy's imbibing habit constitute "news".   :o
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »
Lemmy is always newsworthy. Always was.

He's outlasted a few folks.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 09:44:15 PM »
No BS, I've never had a beer in my LIFE. Growing up, my neighbors were alcoholic sisters transplanted from Ohio and one of them drank Ol' Milwaukee by the CASE and saved her (mostly) empty cans in trash bags outside. The smell that wafted over from over a football field away put me off beer for life. I have a similar problem with vodka; a years worth of fermented rotten potatoes stored in a broken deep freeze created an aroma worse than a human corpse, one that I can smell in ANY potato based vodka. I still run on the same bile and piss I've always had and soon getting off nights in about a month will put me back onstage again. 8x10 therapy carrying AND playing my cab also ought to help with my damned kidney stones (and no, they aren't the ones that beer helps) and my wonderful gf will help with everything else.

Seeing Lemmy in person 15 years ago, at the start of the set he looked his age and then some, but as the show progressed, he grew younger while dispensing nuggets of wisdom from the stage about sex, life, and rock 'n roll, all of them admonitions to treat women decent (in bed at least) and live every day like it is your last.  The man does what he does: everything louder than everything else. I like that philosophy. ...and whiskey. Whiskey is OK by me.  :mrgreen:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »
I don't much care for drinking, but I have tried various things through the years.  It's funny that Old Milwaukee should be mentioned.  Out of the different kinds of beers I've had, it's the worst.  I probably do 90% of my drinking when I'm in Europe.  That's every few years.  I'm around friends who drink.  Hardly any of my friends in the U.S. drink.  I don't like drinking alone.  So, for the most part I don't drink.  Plus, in general, American beer usually just doesn't taste very good to me anyway.  All joking aside, though, I can't even imagine a worse beer than Old Milwaukee.  I can easily see how it could totally turn someone against beer forever.  Even the cheapest German beer I've had is light years ahead of it.  Of course, Dutch and Belgian beer are also very good. 

Edit:

Now that I think about it, I am getting Old Milwaukee and Milwaukee's Best mixed up.  It's Milwaukee's Best that I found so horrible.  I can't remember anything about Old Milwaukee, but I've probably had some at one time or the other.  But I can name other beers I don't like--Bud, for instance, is almost as bad as Milwaukee's Best.  We've had this discussion before at the LBO.  Even though it's supposed to be a cheap beer, the only American beer I can name which I kind of like would be Pabst.  I haven't had any in a long time. But it used to be very inexpensive and it was well worth the money. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:53:13 AM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2015, 11:26:19 PM »
PBG... Bravo, Sir...! Bravo...!

Dave posting that picture of him with Nancy and Sid reminded  me of images of him with Wendy "O" ... it would be nice to see a pic of him and Keef, together...

Space Ritual I bought second hand in '74 having become a fan in '72 when I bought Silver Machine (along with Cooper and Slade, so an early musical hero, sort of) and whenever I think of Hawkwind in that era Lemmy and Stacia immediately come to mind, not necessarily in that order... bought the single Kings of Speed on release, which had an interesting b side, resplendent with a Simon House violin solo... this is how I discovered Motorhead...

I still have my (their) first tour-shirt and it gets an outing from time to time... getting rather moth-eaten and worn, considering its age... (I heard that; the Tee, not me! ;D)

Sums up his life as it's emblazoned on the front with "Born To Lose" and on the back "Live To Win"... ;)

Kenny.....What's a soggie?   ;)
I have a bath once a (delete as preferred) week/month/year, whether I need it or not... :mrgreen:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 07:08:02 AM »
Bad news, Motörhead cancels Texas shows.

Here's a video from the Austin show where Lemmy stopped after three songs. Toward the end he apologizes.

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »
Bad news, Motörhead cancels Texas shows.

Here's a video from the Austin show where Lemmy stopped after three songs. Toward the end he apologizes.

That makes me sad

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
I have a similar problem with vodka; a years worth of fermented rotten potatoes stored in a broken deep freeze created an aroma worse than a human corpse, one that I can smell in ANY potato based vodka.

The Polak in me finds this hilarious and tragic.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »
That makes me sad

Props to Lemmy for gutting it out as long as he did. He's clearly near the end. Better to die in your boots than on your back.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 03:09:16 AM »
Not looking good... one day, even Keef will go...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 12:38:23 PM »
Props to Lemmy for gutting it out as long as he did. He's clearly near the end. Better to die in your boots than on your back.

Maybe he can just stop touring and still have a decent life. OTOH maybe he knows more than he's letting on. If he knows his number will be up soon regardless of what he does, that might explain why he's still out on tour.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 01:30:36 PM »
Maybe he truly loves to play...if time is limited, might as well do what you love.