Author Topic: Important Lemmy news  (Read 4130 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Important Lemmy news
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »
Lemmy has switched from whiskey to vodka for health reasons

Vodka and OJ instead of Jack and Coke. I'm sure that will be more healthful.  ;D

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Important Lemmy news
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 06:14:21 PM »
I had no idea Lemmy was turning into a health nut. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:04:11 AM »
Less sugar in the OJ so will be helpful for his diabetes... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
The sugar in OJ beats a regular Coke anytime. It's an urban myth that OJ is somehow healthy for you unless you are suffering from scurvy - most of us don't. The amount of sugar in a large glass of OJ is initially indigestible for you and immediately has your liver doing overtime to produce fat.

I still like it ;D - especially in the morning, kickstarts for the day!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

Choosy livers (i.e mine) choose a good Single Malt Scotch......... Like Bowmore  12 year  :)

Vodka.....pfffft.  :-*
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »
All alcohol contains (complex) sugars...

The coke (all of it; any brand, afaik) contains phosphoric acid, which is commercially used as a descaling material...

Uwe, I might have to beg to differ here re sugar but only marginally, and with known USofA products... I work out by percentiles, 36g OJ to 39g cola, by volumes, but there will always be variants...
True, it is a common misconception that fresh juices are "better for you", to which I concur, but these sugars are raw and not refined products, which are almost certainly better for you... that and the fact that I've used gallons (thousands over a 21 year period) of phosphoric acid to descale commercial catering equipment, and I'd prefer not to drink the stuff thanks... a great descaling product (not the best) and I strongly recommend not letting it near bleaching agents...! :o :o :o
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »
We'll all die. You might as well do it while eating and drinking things you enjoy.

Lemmy's body is beyond the point where "harmful" is a meaningful concept. Die with your boots on Rickenbacker strapped on.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
I presume he'd probably prefer to croak somewhat like Tommy Cooper, during a live UK TV broadcast; not a lingering death, which is something I would think no one here would wish for...

There are some who are here to show us the exception to the rules... Lemmy and Keef are but to that leap to mind...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »

The coke (all of it; any brand, afaik) contains phosphoric acid, which is commercially used as a descaling material...

... that and the fact that I've used gallons (thousands over a 21 year period) of phosphoric acid to descale commercial catering equipment, and I'd prefer not to drink the stuff thanks... a great descaling product (not the best) and I strongly recommend not letting it near bleaching agents...! :o :o :o

Considering the concern that some people have about keeping their colons clean, I'd think a little descaler would help move things out!  :o
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
coke. oj and sugar are the least of lemmy's problems. his main problem is that he is a functioning alcohlic at 70 years of age. this can't last much longer.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 07:50:22 PM »

Choosy livers (i.e mine) choose a good Single Malt Scotch......... Like Bowmore  12 year  :)

Vodka.....pfffft.  :-*

Wasn't it you who used to claim you had a stunt liver?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 01:16:31 AM »
There are old livers, and there are bold livers, but there are no old bold livers; unless, maybe, served with some fava beans, and maybe a nice chianti... :vader:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 05:48:54 AM »
I think his real issue is his severe diabetes. Alcohol and diabetes are not a great mix.

I wish him a long (further) life, but if you would have asked anybody in Hawkwind in the early seventies who'd be the first to go among them, then Lemmy would have won hands down. No one would have believed he'd reach 70. As it turned out, he outlived quite a few of them.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 06:25:02 AM »
Wasn't it you who used to claim you had a stunt liver?

8)

Yep, but even at my worst I'm a rank amateur compared to Lemmy. I don't go out as much as I used to and never drink at band shows until I'm done playing - then I usually have just one. Life's much better. At home I don't drink wine and only occasionally even have a bottle of anything in the house.
 Two beer limit when I'm running model trains at my buddies house  ;D 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »
I hear you, Mark. I've never had more than two beers a night since I was in my early 20s, and rarely ever drink at home. Since my health crisis last year, I've had exactly one beer in the past eleven months.