Author Topic: DMB  (Read 4587 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: DMB
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »
I liked Tori Amos before she went totally batshit. I lost all her CD's in the divorce, but still have the ultra-rare vinyl. We're fighting over the Ben Folds stuff. Does that count for anything? DMB is OK I guess and I like only Radiohead's "rock" stuff from the early days that they eschew now.  I used to really like the Doors, but now- eh. I have Danzig. Satan is a much better muse than drugs.

I work with a bunch of 20-somethings. One of them knows more Buck Owens songs than I do. Matter of fact, I somehow am the resident punk representative (outside of Metallicunt, metal doesn't exist to those kids), and I'm not even that into punk. THE most annoying person there with music is the mid 20's girl who cranks the same 6 classic rock songs on her phone constantly...EVERY day. If I wanted that, I'd listen to FM radio.

I worked with the Dave Matthews Cover Band once. They were fun. Asked me to toke up on their tour bus with them. Not my thing, but they were sweet to offer. The fact that a cover band had a NICE tour bus should tell you something about DMB's appeal.

nofi

• View Profile
Re: DMB
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »
i liked the misfits but not so much his solo stuff. i liked johnny cash covering him.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead