Author Topic: Dumb threads on the "other" forum  (Read 5764 times)

copacetic

• View Profile
Re: Dumb threads on the "other" forum
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »
I've always found the anal angles precarious in the heat of a discussion about basses, that's why I have found it quite civilized on this forum that most play it safely and gentlelmenly in the 'chrome vs black' hardware on one bass in particular. All swords would be drawn if it were ever suggested a black bridge be mounted on a genuine Precision made by the Fender Musical Instrument company.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 04:34:35 AM »
"what's 'da best bass for metal?"

this comment is so prevalant they finally had to give it it's own category. :P

Ya know, sometimes I look around at things and think I'm really a dumb ass :sad:. Then, I read stuff like this and I think , I'm a freakin' genius ;D.
I should be running the whole freakin' planet maybe the whole universe. I dunno ??? ;D
Rick

Bargeon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 05:55:42 AM »
We were all young once.
Dyslexics untie!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 07:05:03 AM »
yes, but we lacked the technology to display our dumbness instantly to the entire world.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 09:18:02 AM »
yes, but we lacked the technology to display our dumbness instantly to the entire world.

Priceless Sir!

That really did make me laugh out loud, thank you  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Spiritbass

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
Yes, but it MUST be fretless and not a simple octave doubled four string and have a fretboard wide enough to land an airplane with ultra-low action and worm-eaten crucifix wood for the body and use an onboard Behringer impulse modelling preamp into the latest QSC power amp and speaker boxes from whichever cabinet maker spends more time trolling there than actually building anything.

Crucifix wood.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

The only thing you forgot were the pure unobtamium triple light-wave pickups and a piezo under each bridge saddle!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »
I like a forum to fondly embrace, even engulf all the directions a member would like to go.

Thanks Uwe, I almost blew Pringles out my nose!

How can I make my hideously ugly mutant singlecut buckeye burl 9 string sound like a vintage Precision?

;D

You guys are on a roll!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 07:24:32 PM »
And don't forget that someone needs to explain to me the scientific mystery behind Loctite or a drop of clear nail polish on Fender saddle screws - and re-explain it 3X a week.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 06:35:23 AM »

Yes , ladies and gentleman, this is what we call progress ;D.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »
Yes , ladies and gentleman, this is what we call progress ;D.
Rick

All yuor progres are belongg to me! :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »

Which Post Hole digger should I use for my Home Lobotomy?
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 09:07:37 AM »

Which Post Hole digger should I use for my Home Lobotomy?

Which post hole digger is best for metal?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »

Which Post Hole digger is best for mental  ;)

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »
I love this place ;D ;D.
I'm going in Tuesday the 23rd for my new hip and I am definately getting the best hip for metal :o 8). They assure me I'm gonna really set off any metal detector I may encounter.  Gonna miss y'all for a week or so.
Rick

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »
I love this place ;D ;D.
I'm going in Tuesday the 23rd for my new hip and I am definately getting the best hip for metal :o 8). They assure me I'm gonna really set off any metal detector I may encounter.  Gonna miss y'all for a week or so.
Rick

What's the Best Hip for Swing?