Author Topic: Epi Thunderbird Classic-IV Pro now on their site ...  (Read 38075 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Epi Thunderbird Classic-IV Pro now on their site ...
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »
(a plaintive voice from the marketing department)

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me...! ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 06:50:14 AM »
I know I'm new here etc. but I took a look at the Epiphone and Gibson website blurbs and pulled images down of both Thunderbirds and the basses are identical barring headstock tweaks to accommodate the Epiphone (or Gibson) trussrod cover.  Don't believe me?  Take a look.  The little white dot on the lower horn, the identical reflections on the control knobs and the end of the headstock.  This is soooo lazy!

...also the NAMM shot shows <shudder>chrome hardware</shudder>.

P

NAMM shots are definately not Gibsons tho..... So at least two exsist. Let's hope they are male and female and create many offspring - I belive the dominant chrome gene will eventually supplant the weaker black one  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
Good catch! You may be new but you fit just fine.  ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
Even though Gibson may not allot enough money to R&D, it's nice to see that they haven't cut their Photoshop budget.  ;D

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »
Even though Gibson may not allot enough money to R&D, it's nice to see that they haven't cut their Photoshop budget.

Isn't THAT the entire R&D department for bass anyway?

iamthatguy32

• View Profile
    • Cab 20
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
While it'd be nice, I'm willing to bet there won't be any chrome on these when they hit the marketplace.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
While it'd be nice, I'm willing to bet there won't be any chrome on these when they hit the marketplace.

No reason why the bridge shouldn't be. I wouldn't expect chrome pickup covers.

iamthatguy32

• View Profile
    • Cab 20
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »
Maybe the bridge, but I doubt we'll see tuners. Also, it's nice to see the input jack on the side instead of the top.  ;D

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »

An update for Uwe and all as of 8/06/2012 Sweetwater won't confirm an arrival date.....tentatively early Sept.

And our esteemed Herr Hornung is #1, top of the list, first one to get shipped out.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
Gibson has now used the chrome three point on so many recent basses (Grabber and Ripper II, Flying V, RD, SG, Explorer, EB-0 Junior), it casn only be a matter of time until they take this archaic step on the TBird too. Just wait, my cavemen.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

I'm one happy knuckledragger!

In the lighting industry, black as a finish is almost dead, most manufacturers don't offer it all. Chrome on the other hand, and to a lessor extant polished nickel are very much on the rise - Happy Days  :mrgreen: 

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
Gibson's bass department may finally be leaving the 80s. Oh wait, a separate bass department? What was I thinking?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »
Gibson's bass department may finally be leaving the 80s. Oh wait, a separate bass department? What was I thinking?

At least they didn't bring out a reversed Jaguar.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

Update here is for 9/20/2012 from Sweetwater.

iamthatguy32

• View Profile
    • Cab 20
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
I've been back and forth with Sweetwater since I ordered it, and they keep apologizing and changing their projected shipping date. This is the fourth time I've been told a different date now, and they're very careful not to bad mouth Gibson. But the fact of the matter is that Gibson is totally giving them the runaround. There is just a flat out lack of communication on Gibson's part. I've heard that these haven't even gone into production yet, and we'll be lucky to see them by the end of the year.

I ordered one as soon as they went up on the Sweetwater site, and I've already got a drawer full of parts to toss on as soon as I get it. Gibson needs to hurry the hell up.