Author Topic: NR Thunderbird reissuie a reality?  (Read 10049 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
NR Thunderbird reissuie a reality?
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »
     The House of Guitars had Gibson day today so I showed up to get my T shirt and badger the rep. This time he was a guy in his 50's much more knowledgeable than the rep I spoke with several months ago. He says he HAS seen the NR Thunderbird prototypes and they are part of the limited run series and are to be about 100 units. The hold up is the flood then the trouble with wood from overseas. He will confirm this on Monday with the HOG. I let him know just how in demand this bass will be, my life long history as a Gibson bass player and Bruce at the HOG (owner) also let him know that I can move these basses (thanks to Uwe!)  If these are not available through mf etc. let me know and I'll do my best to get you one. Kepping my fingers crossed.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: NR Thunderbird reissuie a reality?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:49:47 PM »

Still listening Scott  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »
  Its been a long road, but hell I waited over a year and a half for my JD with 1,000s buck down. In Gibson's defense they have been pretty light on their feet lately when it comes to basses and have come up with some good product. Time will tell.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »

I'm still getting backorder notes from MF for Uwe's Explorer, not due till third week of Jan 2012 now.
Actually tho Gibson's done quite a bit for bass players in the past year, wish I had a little more cash right now an RD and a big Les Paul woulkd be nice.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »
I'm in for one if it's reasonably modeled after the original.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »
Wasn't the BaCH TH-1 the result of everyone getting tired of waiting for Gibson to make a decision?  Even that took a couple years.   :mrgreen:
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
Whatever it eventually becomes, close to the original or not, at least it exists as a prototype.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 03:47:40 AM »
Whatever it eventually becomes, close to the original or not, at least it exists as a prototype.

For "the Kollection"  ;)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.brooksbassguitars.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:16:48 AM »
Wasn't the BaCH TH-1 the result of everyone getting tired of waiting for Gibson to make a decision?  Even that took a couple years.   :mrgreen:

Yes, but that is not because it is extremely complicated to build. It's pretty straight forward.
It's just that the folks at BaCH take their time on just about anything...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 06:01:50 AM »
It is true that ram pig up any manufacturing effort takes time and planning.  One of the main issues is we all want something from the past and, I think, we'd like it to be a reasonable facsimile.  Maybe I'm off but I don't want an NR bird with no hardware harking back to the bass's roots.  That's no fun!  I liked the SG RI because it was pretty darn close to the original look of an EB-3 minus the rotary switch, even though it sounded different (maybe even better in terms of usable tonality).
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 07:32:19 AM »
 I am pretty sure we can expect a NR Thunderbird IV, TB plus pickups with  black hardware and the three point bridge. Finished in either tobacco sunburst or white.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
I am pretty sure we can expect a NR Thunderbird IV, TB plus pickups with  black hardware and the three point bridge. Finished in either tobacco sunburst or white.

If that is the case it will prevent me from lusting after it. If it were to be offered in Pelham Blue I'd probably sell my car to buy one.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
Maybe they would use the bridge that is on the current LP bass. That's at least closer to the original.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »
Pelham blue would be the nuts, but I'd be very happy with white :)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »

You're probably right. Too bad though.