Author Topic: Buzzard  (Read 19346 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzard
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2009, 06:43:38 AM »
Okay, Chris, you've had your lesson, no excuses now.

Do make sure you always have enough picks. Sew a compartment in the crotch of your spandex to hold the spares.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »
 :mrgreen:

Monday the electronics of the Buzzard will be fitted and they'll send it next week.

Hmmm.. the shirt I'm wearing now is quite slim but it's 40cm from pit to pit.... So I guess you have to frame it and hang it on the wall.... But thanks anyway!! :D

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »
You know about the electronics right?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
Holy Crap! does that thing have its own built in Power amp or something?
Digresion our specialty!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2009, 05:55:47 AM »
That is a shot from JE's Buzzard.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
Doug Fyghter will need more than a mere 45 volts.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
No problemo, Doug...

If I find something suitably METAL in the debris case, prior to eBay (for my resurection funds), I'll let you know...

Maybe as I'm acting in-loco-parentis or as a "METAL MENTOR" having played a bit, albeit unsuccessfully in a commercial sense, maybe I should return to an old nickname... "HM Murdoch" as in "Heavy Metal Murdoch", not the popular TV sidekick... It is my middle name, after all...

I'll suggest a good "POWER-CHORD" for you to try, with a pick... open E - index finger on 7th fret of the A and a bar with the ring finger on the 9th of the D and G...

Now try that with the most ORNERY instrument you own through your Hiwatt, maybe a 4x12 and a 2x15, with everything set at FULL THROTLE, and tell me that doesn't move you... and everything else in the house...  8)

That basic chord pattern will work pretty much anywhere on the neck - if you really want to go for it occasionally drop that little pinkie 2 more frets up the neck, for a bit of variation... We'll have you playing "MOTORHEAD" in no time...  ;D ;D ;D

How many PP9's...!?!?!?!?!

Dave, why do I keep having these flashbacks of the "Dead Parrot" sketch; something about muscling up to the bars and an excessive amount of voltage...?   ;)

Bret and Barkless - I guess we'll hear about it when Doug plugs her in,  "Cause of 'Brown-outs' still untraced in the Netherlands" in the international news section...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »
On the Wiki-page on brown notes, there used to be a piece about Uwe, but it isn't there anymore... I had nothing to do with placing that;)

I love power chords:) I try your idea sometimes:) I used to tune my girlfriends set neck Epi '57 LP jr. reissue in an open tuning and I secretly played I Don't Need No Doctor of Humble Pie at high volumes at my bass rig using my index finger only:)

Buzzard: I believe JAEs was 12V and the rest was for the LEDs :) Mine will be passive: Two classic humbuckers, master volume, master tone and a pick up blend control.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
Brownouts, brown notes, same difference.  ;D

Ken, your middle name is Heavy Metal?  :o

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Doug, I'm guilty of using my SG "E tuned" and pathetically messing about with "Belgian Toms Hat-Trick", or an LZ or a Mountain or an Allmans, or whatever... I tend to play her "lap-steel" fashion... with glass... like a Coricidin bottle, but not... I keep meaning to break... er... wander into the Hard Rock in London and ask them if they'll loan me the Strat' Duane used on the Aretha recordings... I have no idea where any of his other instruments are...  :sad:

Actually Dave, its Kenneth "Heavy Metal" Fintimlimbimlimbimwhin Linn Bin "Captain Pugwash" Bass Crunch Murdoch Kerrang Kerrang Ol' Four String Cracker-Barrel Stewart the Fourth, but "Sad B*st*rd" to my buddies...  ;)

On a general note re "Brown Notes" I have installed several sirens known as "Masterblasters", loosely based on WW2 sirens that are so loud they vibrate the solar plexus and can result in vomiting and occasional involuntary response  :puke: - not legal in an enclosed space... oops...  ;) always fun to test newbies on, but not prior to an ECG...  :mrgreen:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »

Actually Dave, its Kenneth "Heavy Metal" Fintimlimbimlimbimwhin Linn Bin "Captain Pugwash" Bass Crunch Murdoch Kerrang Kerrang Ol' Four String Cracker-Barrel Stewart the Fourth, but "Sad B*st*rd" to my buddies...  ;)

...of Ulm.  ;)

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »
... and as I should try to lead by example...  :rolleyes:

a reversion to my Island family name...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »
I'll start to get worried if you change into Trotsky, followed by Eartha Kitt.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
The Buzzard is sent today, or that's what they told. I hope so. It could be here friday, so that day I'll wait for my postman the whole day!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
Better get your spandex bought today or tomorrow, then.