Author Topic: Cool Fuzz Bass.  (Read 3570 times)

eb2

• View Profile
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Cool Fuzz Bass.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:12:23 AM »
Looks like my SG Reissue case. What a cool bass!!

Of course Uwe has one and I'm still proud I found it for him. A bit of a Dutch touch on ze köllektïön, hower Rob found some basses to. I believe those fuzz circuits sound bad? It could be a nice idea to make a fuzz EB-0 with a good, modern fuzz in it. Something for the creative people here?

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:46:23 AM »
Oh dats nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Garrett

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:05:27 AM »
Oh yeah...that`s sweet! Good luck on the lottery!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »
I want this bass..................
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »
If you win it, please give us some sound clips with a without fuzz.  My EB-0 is so wooly it almost sounds fuzzed all the time.  Well, let's say it sounds like a full-time tube OD is in there.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
If you win it, please give us some sound clips with a without fuzz.  My EB-0 is so wooly it almost sounds fuzzed all the time.  Well, let's say it sounds like a full-time tube OD is in there.

I don't think he's serious about bidding. But as a former EB-0F owner, I can tell you that there's a big difference between normal overdriven EB-series sound and the sound of this fuzz. It's kind of pathetic -- a passive circuit with no oomph. It's not really usable.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
I still have my EB-0F. I wish it looked half as nice as this one, but as Dave said, there's a reason why only 265 of these sold..... :-X
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »
It's unfortunate it had that damn fuzz abortion grafted onto a really nice EBO.  Unusual fretboard and really nice mahogany grain.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »
Dave knows me well.  First, I would love to own a Gibson closet classic some day.  Second, I really don't care about the fuzz, just the condition and beauty of the bass overall.  Nope, I won't bid, I'm too damn cheap.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
You could cover Monkey in Your Soul with that!  8)

No idea what bass/fuzz was used there, but that's kinda the sonic impression I got of the Fuzztone with bass (IIRC).  Got to spend some time with a friend's Maestro FZ-1 about a year ago (same circuit, yes?).  I have a track somewhere of my EB-2 running thru it and fed into the synth filters.  Made some neat sounds!  Nothing I would consider hugely useful for good ol' bass playing, though...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
The fuzz in the EB-0F looks to me to be the origional Maestro FZ-1, I have a FZ-1A pedal & it's a bit different. The bass and the FZ-1 version also take two AA batteries where as the FZ-1A only takes one. I've always wondered why they didn't incorporate the Fuzz-Tone in a guitar instead. It makes the bass sound like an electric fart! That being said, I would still be proud to own the bass on Ebay, if I had enough left over from my lotto winnings............. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  ???

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Sounds like the kind of effect that forces you to go out and search for a number that you can actually use it in, just to justify owning it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
$3,076.00 + $62.65 shipping................. That's a lot of mula for guitar that didn't sell in the '60s, time to reissue it!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
I was happy to get $1100 for mine after buying it for $1000 a couple of years earlier.

It's unfortunate it had that damn fuzz abortion grafted onto a really nice EBO.  Unusual fretboard and really nice mahogany grain.

It's still a nice EB-0. When the fuzz switch is off it's just a normal circuit.