Author Topic: Questions, Questions, Questions  (Read 6020 times)

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
Re: Questions, Questions, Questions
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
     B
     R
   GOD
     S

Looks more like the logo of a band that would play with Sabbath (or Venom). If you're going for the other end of the spectrum it might be better to spell it out.  :mrgreen:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »
Oi...!

Let's keep Corrrnwarll owt of this please... ;)

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »
OK, how 'bout this one:

You gotta love those neighborly satanists!

:mrgreen:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »

OK, how 'bout this one:

You gotta love those neighborly satanists!

:mrgreen:

I can't help but hear Ned Flanders (Homer Simpson's god fearing next door neighbor)!

I have a trouser devil........... ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
Yeah, I  noticed that upside down cross thing.
I can actually make it a square sort of Celtic cross using the dot at the end of Bros. to balance it out. then I just have to adjust it with the surrounding art of the cross to make the length of the cross piece going vertical the same as the crossbar.

Can't talk much about my band GODBROTHERS without bringing God into the picture.
Too bad this forum has a rule against discussion of religion. Guess that means Gospel music & so on is off limits too.

We'd like to help establish Yoga Rock as a category in stores & awards shows.
It's spiritual music but not necessarily Christian or anti-Christ.

Since George Harrison invented Yoga Rock (Yes, it's GOLD all right!) & had a Number One Hit with My Sweet Lord we are simply & humbly trying to pick up where he left off after propagating it on 3 albums--All Things Must Pass, Living in the Material World, & Dark Horse!!!

We hope to get help from some of George's ol' bandm8s too, esp. Eric Clapton!
Wouldn't that be AWESOME?  :o
KULA SHAKER is a great band who has some Yoga Rock songs like ours.
Of course we'll be approaching them too about opening for them.
We're open to any Big Time Rockers helping us out in ANY way, esp. playing with us on recordings &/or LIVE!!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:46:50 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »
In the mid 80's I was in a band out of Boston called Expose, we had good airplay on WBCN toured up and down the  East coast. The gear traveled in a trailer, left the rehearsal space and showed up at the gigs like magic!!!!! I followed in my Volkswagon bus ! We played The BIG clubs and opened for bands like Motor Head and Stryper in 3,000-4,000 seaters LOL. These days I cart my own gear in a Honda Odessey. We had had one man road crew named Donnie but he go married and his wife won't let him come out and play anymore :(  Now my band plays from Buffalo-Syracuse NY maybe as far south as the Penn boarder. 2 hr drive time  max for the most part. What do I carry ? Wardrobe bag with stage cloths and a shaving kit, back pack all my personal crap. Blanket and pillow just in case I need sleep and a tool kit. Sometimes we stay over night.....................The basses always get dragged into the hotel room.

You sure got a good TASTE of touring for awhile there, Scott! 3 & 4k venues are the best!!!!! ...or 5k. heh

Opening for the Big Bands would be coool in a way & I reckon the money is decent but it would be frustrating as hell too to have to limit your show to 45 minutes or an hour.
Trying to figure out a way around that. I know that's the TRADITIONAL way to get on the map but there MUST be a better way!
My guitarplayer's old 80s band Light Brigade used to rent cheap venues like an old Vets Hall & sell tix & make good money playing a good long show without supporting or hiring supporting acts.
They even played the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium once! Not sure how they pulled that off.
They had a manager for awhile so he probly arranged that.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:59:55 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

Digresion our specialty!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:57 AM »
5,000 seat venue?  that is something most bands don't reach in a career. not to burst your bubble but you need a serious reality check. ambition is great but you need to be more realistic about this whole thing, to say the least. good luck, terr.

it also sounds like you are putting the 'rich and famous ' part well before actually having a good or great band to work with. as usual i
could be wrong. :-\

but the yogurt rock things sounds good. :rimshot:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:57:32 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 02:05:17 PM »
5,000 seat venue?  that is something most bands don't reach in a career. not to burst your bubble but you need a serious reality check. ambition is great but you need to be more realistic about this whole thing, to say the least. good luck, terr.

it also sounds like you are putting the 'rich and famous ' part well before actually having a good or great band to work with. as usual i
could be wrong. :-\

but the yogurt rock things sounds good. :rimshot:

I said a 5k venue is ideal cuz that's what Gregg Allman said. Just quoting him.
He was talkin' about the Beacon.
I don't expect to play venues like that next year but hopefully before our career is over, YES!
Is that ambitious or just wishful thinking? We'll see....

The rich & famous can give you a hand up & things happen very quickly when they do!
For example, Duane Allman went to see an old friend's band play. The band was called Cowboy.
Duane told some Big Wig about 'em --I think it was Phil Walden--- & Cowboy got immediately notified by mail that they had a record deal!
They'd been signed sight unseen & unheard just cuz Duane said they were good.

Yoga Rock, man! but okay--Yogurt Rock ain't far off. lol
It may seem strange to you & it may seem like it doesn't pertain to you but yoga means linking up to a Higher Power.
Most everyone wants to do that!

I know my playing ain't great or even very good but my bandm8s are EXCELLENT & have experience & have paid their dues & I have too to some extent.
What I lack as a bassplayer I make up for in songwriting skills & other stuff.
I strongly believe that we are onto something special & are breaking new ground in the music biz & we're getting into unexplored waters so therefore we have a chance to make a Big Splash!  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:08:19 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 03:12:35 PM »
Reposted from another forum:

20 Commandments of Touring

1) Don't Complain. Bitching, moaning, whining is tour cancer. If something is wrong fix it or shut the f*** up you f***ing dick. goddamn.

2) If you fart, claim it.

3) Don't Lose shit. Everybody loses shit. Don't f***ing do it. Asshole.

4) Don't f*** anyone in the band. There are tons of people to f*** who are not in this band. Dumbass.

5) If you feel like shit all the time, drink less beer at the gig. You will play better & feel better. What are you ... a child? Some have the endurance for self abuse. Most don't.

6) Remember the soundman's name. He will do a better job.

7) Eat oranges. Cures constipation & prevents colds.

8) Masturbate. Duh ... Where & when? Be creative. You're an artist right?

9) If YOU can't carry your suitcase 3 blocks, it's too goddamn big.

10) Respect public space in the van. Don't clutter, you f***.

11) If you borrow something, return it. Not f***ed Up.

12) Do not let the promoter dick you or talk you out of the guarantee. If there were not enough people there, it's their fault.

13) Driver picks the music.

14) One navigator only (usually sitting shotgun). Everyone else shut the f*** up.

15) Soundcheck is for checking sounds. Shut the f*** up while everyone else is checking.

16) Don't wander off. Let someone know where you are.

17) Clean up after yourself. What are you ... a goddamn toddler?

18) Touring makes everyone bi-polar. Ride the waves as best you can and remember, moods pass. So don't make any snap decisions or declarations when you are drunk or insane.

19) Fast food is Poison.

20) The guestlist is for friends, family & people you might want to f***. Everyone else can pay. They have day jobs.

21) Don't evaluate your whole life while you're sitting in a janitor closet [in Des Moines] waiting to go on. You think you're above having shitty days at work? Shut up & do your goddamn job.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
That's a good list all right! Pretty damn funny!!!  8)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »

Are you saying Shut Up & Play Your Guitar?
If so, I agree! haha

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »
I'll just say that one of the biggest rules is that the band stays together.  I had a roadie take off with a young thing years ago, only to find that she was interested in hurting him.  Scary business.  Never leave the fold.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty