Author Topic: You Know What Sucks?  (Read 3463 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You Know What Sucks?
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:09:54 AM »
Cheating spouses, that's what!

I don't want to go too much into a tear because I could write pages right now (and I know there are many reasons for how and why it happens), but wow, talk about feeling like shit...

So my boys and I are on our own. The wife moved out and is juggling two boyfriends right now who have no idea the other exists. Talk about a tempting prospect in letting them know about each other! :mrgreen: Can't do it though because I'm trying to be on my best behavior until I have it all on the dotted line. As piss poor a replacement for a mother as I may be, they'll be FAR better off with me than she who refuses to grow up.

For those of you who put stock in good thoughts and prayers, I would really appreciate and could use a few right now. This place is my home away from home and though I've never actually seen most of you in the flesh (that was for you, Fraulein  ;)) , you guys mean a lot to me.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What Sucks?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:44 AM »
George, I'm so sorry. Good thoughts sent your way.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:22:57 AM »
Damn!  Yes, this does suck!  I'm very sorry to hear this.  Sounds like you have your legal angle lined up - you can not be too cautious.  Just be careful and watch your back.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »
George, I am really sorry to hear about this. You and your sons will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you and you know we are here for you.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
Man I'm really sorry to hear this.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and your boys. 

As hard as it is, try to take the high road and stay positive and cordial with her for the sake of the kids.  It'll get easier with time.  Try to focus on the things you love in the meantime- your sons, music, etc...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
Thoughts and prayers...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Wow, I was prepared for some comment about work (or lack thereof...). I'm sorry for what you must be feeling like. It will be a difficult process, but you'll get through it, and you and your boys will be just fine in the end. Hang in there buddy!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:52:34 AM »
Thanks guys. You rock.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
Thoughts & prayers sent. Wow that really sucks George. I just can't imagine any mom doing that to their kids. Obviously her priorities are not the children.

Custody is such a hard battle for the father. A buddy of mine just gained custody of his kids, so I hope you will be able to do the same.

I know you must be a great & dedicated father, they are lucky to have at least one responsible parent.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:55:15 AM »
Hang in there George.
No matter how dark the night, there will always be light again

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »

George,

I'm very sorry to hear this, I know you'll take the high road thru and always be true to your sons and family difficult tho it may be, when it's proper to view this in retrospect you won't have any regrets. Having been thru a divorce I understand what it is that you're going thru, lean on your Faith, family and friends, we want you to.  Your sons are very lucky, you are their Father.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, if you ever need to talk, I'm a PM away anytime.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »
thoughts and prayers, hey btw you rock too dude! hang in there.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
It's probably the last thing you have on your mind last now and we're all not saints, but resist compulsion to scorch the earth. Families are intricate systems. I don't know what possessed your wife to do something like this, but one day you will at least want to understand and your children too. In the meantime, listen to as many misogynist rock tracks as you can. Start with Purple's Mistreated, then move on to Sabbath's Evil Woman. Cleanse your system and speak a lot with the kids.

Uwe 
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 11:37:11 AM »
Wow.  Hang in there.  Believe it or not, things could be worse (I know a couple in Illinois that has worse problems).

I also can't believe Uwe is referencing just about the only cover song ever recorded by Black Sabbath.  It was only available here on an obscure import.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »
pm'd

In our thoughts...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...