Author Topic: You Know What Sucks?  (Read 3464 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What Sucks?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
I know, I think it was from some Dutch band. I always liked the bass run to it. It was on the European version of Sab's 1st. I once covered it in my first band.

Back to George, no one's physically hurt and the kids have a dad to talk to and scratch their little heads at. It's important now that they don't see themselves as the cause of all this.

I'm not inclined to give macho advice on marital matters. My first wife had an affair 10 years ago - with an opponent attorney to boot, real Hollywood drama, I even liked the guy! We didn't separate at the time (and I did not "get even", that is too adolescent to me), but only seven years later. We gave it a try for the kids and I'm glad we did, it didn't work out in the end, but not for the affair which - like most affairs - was a symptom not a cause. Today I look back at it with a wry smile. Which is what you will do too sooner or later, Herr Carlston!

That said, we should have never allowed that rib thing, it did get out of hand!!!
Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »
My thoughts are with you, I know you're going thru hell.  +1 on Uwe's scorched earth comment.  Your sons won't forget who had their best interests at heart.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Jeez, I'm sorry. As if life wasn't difficult enough. I will offer no advice, as it seems you have your head in the right place already.
So - Sabbath recorded "Evil Woman" AND "Lady Evil"...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »
George, few things hit one harder than this.  It sounds like you have a clear head and are working through it as well as you can.  Take care of the kids, don't burn any bridges you don't have to, and be good to yourself and those kids.

We'll be here for you.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
Sending some banana-flavored positive energy just for you George! RAWK ON
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Hornisse

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
Hang in there George!  Same thing happened to me 15 years ago.  Wife was going to a lot of baby showers and started staying out later and later.  Found out (about the boyfriend) and took my almost 12 year old with me.  I got custody of my daughter in the divorce and eventually met the woman of my dreams and married her March 1, 1998.  (I had a few flings before that though! Hey, I was still (relatively) young at 34)

I felt like shit too.  Even went and tried to confront the guy but left in a hurry when he came out wielding a 9mm.  She was not worth it.  We did become (sort of) friendly years later but sadly she passed away 3 years ago this month.  My daughter is now 26 and is married herself.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
oh man that does suck and im so sorry that you have to go through it all.im sure you will do your best for your kids but whatever s&%t happens she will always be their mother and maybe one day find a way back to a better relationship with them.keeping busy and playing the crap out of my bass helped me not dwell on my last breakup too too much..
Louder bass!.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »
She was not worth it. 

Regarding this and all the advice to keep a clear head; you guys know exactly what's up. I have a nephew whose wife was fooling around on him so he retaliated in kind and she then used that to begin to clean his clock in a divorce. He ended up snapping and unloaded his Glock on her. Their two children are now being raised by their grandmother and my nephew is a guest of the state of Utah for most likely the rest of his life. He's 39 now. That's a looooong time for him to think about the stupidity (and horror) of his actions.

Last year when the first affair happened and she was feeling (or feigning) guilty, she cried about not blaming me if I did the same thing to her and I didn't have to think at all before I told her she wasn't worth it. Why should I ruin my kids life and my own because she was being an ass?

Looks like we'll meet with the mediator this week or early next. If it goes the way we've already discussed we'll have an agreement and it'll be binding. All we'll have to do then is wait out the court to finalize it. Just like a band-aid (I hope)...

Thanks guys. Really. These messages and the PMs I've gotten remind me there are people out there who don't hate my guts (then again, you only know me through here).  :mrgreen: I have a wonderful extended family who have also been calling and sending emails and messages. With all you guys pulling for me I know I'll get through this sooner or later!

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »
Hang tough, George! Yeah, that SUCKS Big Time. Alas

Look on the bright side tho--It's Summer & there are a lot of fine available women out there in their underwear er bikinis!!!!!!!

Good vibes headed your way & prayers being said....

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:07:08 PM by Rhythm N. Bliss »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »
George...............................what can I say? I am so sorry for what you are going through. Keep your focus on your kids, as hard as it is for you it must be even harder for them. Take the high road, you'll be hanged for anything less. My thoughts are with you and your boys.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 04:10:52 AM »
hard times for sure but it sounds like you're doing all the right things.  all of my sisters (3) have gone through the same thing and while it does get pretty dark at times, the sun eventually rises again.  keep doing right by your boys and take care of yourself, too.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 05:24:17 AM »
Hang Tough Amigo. Don't forget the the fact that you just walked in to fight that someone else started. You are going to have to get nasty. Be ready for that.
Rick

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 05:38:36 AM »
Hang on tough mate. Just give the kids all your love. Don't know how old they are but it's important that they understand and are convinced it's not their fault.
Best luck.

luve2fli

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 06:54:30 AM »
George - I just read your Blogspot post and it brought a tear to my eye. Having been through this twice myself, your pain and disapointment is not lost on me. Stay cool - it will do you and the kids a world of good in the end. It does get better, just takes some time. Not much else to be said, just know that you've got someone rooting for you up in the great, white north.

Good vibes sent bro ......
"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
Hey! Sorry to hear what's happened. As one who's been there many years ago I just wanna say "good luck". My ex-wife did a runner with my young son many years ago, but she brought him back to me not long later (her new guy wanted his own family) & then cut all ties with him. She's missed his 18th, his 21st & his graduaution. 18 years later & he's never heard a word from her.

This has brought us incredibly close, so much so that many of his college pals thought "I was the coolest Dad ever"  :mrgreen: , He's now grown up and we're still best buds as well as father & son & like has already been said, "he knows who's been there for him all his life". I'm not saying your ex will do the same, but your sons will remember how you've been their rock.

I'll be going to see him next week for a  few days, just the two of us for a few "boy's nights out", without partners. There's a bar in Edinburgh with 28 bourbons, we've always reckoned we'll drink our way across it, never managed it yet, because we always settle on Buffalo Trace.
Cheers to you my friend, I know you'll do the right thing. You have all of our support & you know where we are whenever you need us.