Author Topic: Lefty BachBirds  (Read 9522 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Lefty BachBirds
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 01:43:41 AM »
Very BaCH.
That is exactly the sort of frustration that I've been getting from dealing with them.
They don't stick to what was agreed upon.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »
Very BaCH.
That is exactly the sort of frustration that I've been getting from dealing with them.
They don't stick to what was agreed upon.

I've been in similar situations with furniture factories.  My business wasn't deemed important enough to get things done the way I wanted.  Very frustrating indeed.

I can also see it from their point of view.  They feel that their way has been good enough for this long, why change?  If their factory is running at capacity it's hard to argue with that from a business angle.  In similar situations my mantra was, "It's commerce, not Art."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 06:21:32 AM »
Most of the frustration is the part that it wouldn't have cost them one single penny more to do it right.
I provided them with all the drawings, measurements, pics etc.

For example the pickguard. I gave them a drawing. All they had to do is put the file in their CNC machine and cut them out.
Now they've designed their own pickguard. Somebody spent unnecessary time on that.
It would've been cheaper to use mine. With better result!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!  Making ugly when beauty costs the same or less.  Arrgh >:(

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
Iome you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You have worked hard for a long time to make this happen for us and it is BaCH that let us down, not you.

You sir, have my utmost appreciation an respect for your efforts on behalf of the lefty bass community.

Cheers!
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.