Author Topic: Other hobbies  (Read 24889 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Other hobbies
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »
You look really strange in that pink suit, Rob. Or isn't that you? ;)

Talking 'bout old MB's:

My neighbour was a sailor. Captain on a big freight ship and always away from home for over six months. (*) After he left his wife always had men coming over. One of her 'friends' was a big, hairy bearded man, driving old Mercedesses with the vertical headlights like the one above. She had a lot of lovers, but I was always intrigued by this man. When I was like 8 or 9 I asked my mother who the guy in the old Mercedesses was. My mother looked at me and said: 'That's Jan. He's a musician'
She said the word 'musician' as it was soemthing like burglar, hobo, thief, bank robber, .. At that moment I thought it would be a good idea to become musician, driving old MBs and screwing beautiful young sailor's wives;)
Today I drive a Twingo which is more a gay icon than a car and of course I envy Rob! Any relationships with sailor's wives, Rob? :)

That captain lost a leg after a cable on his ship broke loose. It was ripped of. When he came home, with a beard and a fake-leg I lend him my parrot:)

Ehm: Hobbies? Two bands, two cats, writing for some magazines and websites... I read a lot about WWII, I visit a lot of WWII sites like D-Day beaches, battlefields, bunkers, concentration camps and museums. I used to collect 1/18 model cars, but I sold the lot to buy some nice basses.

I coach a lot of young bands around here, just for fun and for free, I organize a festival. Mostly musical things.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.brooksbassguitars.com
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »

Any relationships with sailor's wives, Rob? :)

Well, there is one beautiful woman in one of the northern provinces that needs some extra attention, because her husband goes to one of the south eastern provinces every tuesday. So I drive my MB up north in my pink suit every tuesday morning to give her some extra attention...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »
Aah! That's why I find some pink fibres now and then:D

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2010, 07:39:33 AM »
It had all the cop bike appointments but not the siren bracket, so it was originally a civilian model. At some point an Eldorado transmission was put in as well. The previous owner installed the wide bars, but the rest of it was like that when he got it. When I bought it I had been looking for an Eldo, but it was so perfect (to me) that I decided 100ccs weren't going to be a deal breaker for me. :)

One thing I really like about Guzzis is that, other than a few shops in Long Beach, CA, you can still find nice ones for somewhat fair prices. And they run forever if you're even a little bit nice to 'em!

I bet it was nice with those wide bars. Never ridden one with them but I sure would like to someday. Ah, yours had an Eldo trans eh? Nice, I'm sure that helped a lot too. A buddy here has an Ambo with an Eldo rear end on it and it's damn quick!
Yes, you're right. You can still find them, even original paint ones for reasonable prices, especially if you are NOT in California, where 100% restored ones can sell for mid teens!

The only thing I'd consider trading my Eldo for is a V7 Sport but no one in their right mind would do that. V7 Sports are awesome!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »
Well, there is one beautiful woman in one of the northern provinces that needs some extra attention, because her husband goes to one of the south eastern provinces every tuesday. So I drive my MB up north in my pink suit every tuesday morning to give her some extra attention...

Does Floor read your posts...?  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2010, 05:07:22 AM »
My other hobby (motorcycles) is engulfing me again. This year I resolve to learn the art of balance in regards to hobbies.
Clocks.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
Denis, for a second I thought you were saying you fell off your bike!

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
Does Floor read your posts...?  ;)

Dutch people are open-minded, so I've heard.
Don’t be stupid, be a smartie - come and join die schwarze Hardware party!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2010, 11:03:58 AM »

Okay.........

I'll 'fess up.

I wear women's clothes for fun  ;)
It's an expensive hobby.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »
Okay.........

I'll 'fess up.

I wear women's clothes for fun  ;)

Really? That's shocking!  :o

:mrgreen:

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
I knew a lot of aviation engineers back in the 70's that used to wear stockings in the cold weather when working out in the open - they said it kept them warm...?

I stuck to my thermals...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
Really? That's shocking!  :o

:mrgreen:

Or Stocking as the case may be  :)
Digresion our specialty!

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
Denis, for a second I thought you were saying you fell off your bike!

Bad choice of words on my part! No, I didn't fall off, thankfully. I've done that three times in my life, once on a BMW R90S which I slide down the highway, the second on a Yamaha DT 175, which was a sneaky little 2-smoke, and the third time on a Montesa Cota Trials bike, which took a dump in a 6' deep ravine. I hope that never happens again! I should totally stick with Guzzis!
Clocks.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2010, 05:50:08 PM »
Here are some pics from my "other hobbies" event...

This is the informal Euro motorcycle meet my buddy missed because he went to the baby shower.  :-\

If you look closely, you can see my Eldorado next to a 1958 Moto Guzzi Falcone with the external flywheel.

Clocks.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2010, 03:42:30 AM »
Good grief... you'll need your own site for that lot...  ;D