Author Topic: Hell has frozen over: The 4005 is back  (Read 1741 times)

morrow

• View Profile
Re: Hell has frozen over: The 4005 is back
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2024, 06:17:41 AM »
The 4000 just has the single bridge pickup , and sounds great. Two knob simplicity , the tone knob is thumpy at one end had has serious bite at the other.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2024, 11:56:49 PM »
It's not really a BRIDGE pickup, it's about halfway between where a P and the rear J pickup would be.

As much as I love single pickup basses, and I really do, for me a Ric is not complete without the neck pickup. It's the Pictures Of Home sound, which for me is the epitome of Ric tone.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2024, 07:55:08 AM »
As much as I love single pickup basses, and I really do, for me a Ric is not complete without the neck pickup. It's the Pictures Of Home sound, which for me is the epitome of Ric tone.

I know people love their 4000 basses, and rightfully so, but if I had to pick one, it would definitely be neck. Tom Petersson has a cool neck pickup only Ric.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2024, 10:46:00 AM »
"As much as I love single pickup basses, and I really do, for me a Ric is not complete without the neck pickup. It's the Pictures Of Home sound, which for me is the epitome of Ric tone."

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2024, 10:52:19 AM »
I found that I was just fine with the single pickup , I was an old Pbass guy and was used to using my right hand to get tonal changes , rather than spinning a knob. It is strung with nicely broken in TI flats and does a nice warm thump.