Author Topic: Gibson 2019 lineup is out -- yes, there are basses  (Read 6370 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Gibson 2019 lineup is out -- yes, there are basses
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »
^^^
Yes, that is true. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 11:56:54 PM »
Looks like most guitarists don't agree with the opinions here. So far, it's a hit. Sweetwater is sold out already and CME is sown to one worn black finish model in stock. Opinions at MLP are positive so far, except for one.
I liked it too, instantly. It's Fender-y styled but in a good way. Now is as good time as any to admit that I've never liked the original Jr/Special pickguard shape, they remind me of the goofy ES120 guard shape.

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
That Jr Tribute is nice, especially in brown, but I am not a fan of the new pickguard shape.  I get that it's cheaper due to 1 large front route vs routes front and back, but they could have kept it closer.

... looks like Ttribute' is the new 'Studio' judging by the new Firebird Tribute.  Only bass I see is the TBird.  ..ah there they are; so the EB-4/5 are basically updated Victories / Q series with an extended upper horn.

I like it! Sort of like if they continued LP Juniors into the Norlin era. Poop brown, extensive sea of black plastic, a bit shy on aesthetics...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
It's also available in black, dark blue and cherry stain. That would have been too much for Norlin.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »

To be frank, it looks like crap to me.  What is it exactly a tribute to?  There has been no LP Jr. in Gibson's history like this one.  It reminds me a lot of some of their short-lived models of the late '70s/early '80s.  We all know how successful those were, some of the only vintage Gibson guitars you can still easily buy for under a grand.

Yeah, on second thought, you're (and Planetgaffnet) are right.  That pickguard is horrible (which I did mention).  I guess I was excited at the prospect of a Gibby DC Jr that might be in my price range.

That Allen Eden is looking good and that price is hard to argue with.  I'm not a fan of gold so hopefully other fins are available.  Was that yo/u in that pic; hows the fretwork (I have learned the hard way that this is the first thing to suffer on budget instruments)?
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
There is even now n importer and distributor for Australia- the prices seem to have gone up a bit. Oh well.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 03:27:46 PM »
No dealers in Canada (ony 3 listed; all in Cali); no product line information on their website; only J style basses in their online shop.  Not a good way to sell a guitar.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 05:18:42 PM »
No dealers in Canada (ony 3 listed; all in Cali); no product line information on their website; only J style basses in their online shop.  Not a good way to sell a guitar.

Are you talking about Allen Eden? I think veebass was talking about Gibson, since there had been no Gibson importer in Australia for a while.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »
Ah, yes.  That makes more sense.

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »
Are you talking about Allen Eden? I think veebass was talking about Gibson, since there had been no Gibson importer in Australia for a while.

Yes I was- sorry for being unclear.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 09:21:45 AM »
Yes, I saw the 2019 Cherry Sunburst Thunderbird.  ;)

And to Chris, I did'nt see the proper Reverb page until I chose shipping to United States instead of Sweden on the left side menu (kind of like Dave said).

That's really nice looking!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.