Author Topic: Paul Goddard  (Read 906 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Paul Goddard
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:59:36 AM »
I've loved ARS from the moment I heard this - on a jukebox, no less - way back when.  A bass solo that really grabs me.  Starts about 6:15.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Paul Goddard
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:02:17 AM »
i have an autographed copy of that record. great solo, indeed. people forget how popular ARS was. would sell out stadiums easily back in the day.btw, goddard died just a couple of months ago in april. he was 68.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:47:08 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:52:30 AM »
Like this!

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:13 PM »
I was lucky enough to see him in Austin last August.  We talked before and after the show and he was very gracious.  He was critical of the amp that was provided for the show. (SWR)  Said he liked all highs and lows with no mids and he used DR Hibeams on his Rickenbacker 4003.  Looked like a fairly recent Midnight Blue example.  I checked out the bass from the stage after the concert and the action looked incredibly high on the bass.  It also had the 3 way toggle removed and both pickups were on all the time.  He got around it with no problems and used a pick.  I yelled pretty loudly when he was playing the solo on Champagne Jam.  Was a real treat to see him in action. 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
I've loved ARS from the moment I heard this - on a jukebox, no less - way back when.  A bass solo that really grabs me.  Starts about 6:15.

I hear a pick!!! Nice.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...