Author Topic: A lurker steps forward...  (Read 7432 times)

LoEndMaestro

• View Profile
A lurker steps forward...
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
Hello all,
I've been a quiet member/lurker for some time now. Though I've been around since the Dudepit days (daze?!) when my participation was still limited at best. I'm a member of some of the other big forums out there....without naming names, I'm part of one of the most cult-ish fan boy forums, as well as the most pedestrian lowest common denominator one.  ;)
Although I have reached out offline to a few of the reigning kings of The Last Bass Outpost for some questions/advice in the past, I just never really felt that I had a lot to offer to these proceedings. What, with the only Gibby I owned being my roadworn 2001 T-bird.

But the past year has been pretty good to me on the Gibson acquisition tip. Last February I finally received my Cherry Midtown that was on order for months, and Santa just brought me a 2014 SG Special in Chocolate Satin. So now that my Gibson tally finally equals my Rickenbacker count (and outnumbers my Fenders) I figured it was high time for me to become a productive member of The Last Bass Outpost society.

Please see my membership credentials below...
Happy New Year everybody.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: A lurker steps forward...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Welcome to the dark side!  Make yourself comfortable.   8)
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
Welcome aboard, and I'm sure you'll further enrich the proceedings however much you choose to or feel you can participate.  Quality, not quantity ;)
Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »

Welcome Here  ;D

It's always helpful to become knowledgable about WWII aircraft and tanks, HO scale electric trains, U.S. muscle cars, what Drag Queens like, the love that dare not speak it's name, and Gibson basses.

There will be a test later.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

LoEndMaestro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
I prefer the P38 Lightning and Panzers (Rommel was a magnificent bastard), I own a late '40s Lionel set, my dream car is a 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 & I recently sold my Hemi Dodge Magnum, Drag Queens love FLAIR, and I have done many bad things in the name of love.

I am also a recovering Catholic & I brought my #2 pencil.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
There will be a test later.

He's been lurking long enough that he probably has better notes that the rest of us.   :mrgreen:

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »
I prefer the P38 Lightning and Panzers (Rommel was a magnificent bastard), I own a late '40s Lionel set, my dream car is a 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 & I recently sold my Hemi Dodge Magnum, Drag Queens love FLAIR, and I have done many bad things in the name of love.

I am also a recovering Catholic & I brought my #2 pencil.

You're coming along so nicely  ;D
Glad you're here at the asylum!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
my dream car is a 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1

Then you probably already know this car, and are a fan.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »

Although I have reached out offline to a few of the reigning kings of The Last Bass Outpost for some questions/advice in the past, I just never really felt that I had a lot to offer to these proceedings. What, with the only Gibby I owned being my roadworn 2001 T-bird.

Welcome!  Don't feel like being a multi-Gibby owner is required... they tolerate me even though I own only one Gibby.  I'm a multi-Fender, Multi-Gretsch owner.

And to add to TBird1958's list, a knowledge of Craft Brew is very helpful.

Is that a #2 pencil in yer pocket, or are you just glad to meet us?
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

LoEndMaestro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
The Blackhawk is sweeet. My grandfather worked at a Buick dealership in Cleveland from just after WW2 to the mid-70s. As a young child I used to sit unsupervised for hours in Specials, Skylarks, Electras & Rivieras and just make engine noises.

Sometimes it got hot in there....and the windows were never down. Perhaps that's why I became a bass player.

Cheers gentlemen.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »
I love how most of the time, the guys who find this place fit in perfectly before they even get to posting. Welcome aboard!

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Then you probably already know this car, and are a fan.

Needs more chrome.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
Hey Chris, glad to see you come forward.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
They let me get away with posting all the drivel I come out with and I've got a terrible reputation for instrument abuse, I'm hopeless at WWII aircraft recognition (so I'm told ;D), only own an 020 and an 030 shunt engine, with no track; know far too much about WWII Burma, zero interest in tanks, would rather drive a van than a car, and I'm pagan... ish... and even worse... vegetarian...  :vader:

Post away to your hearts content...

Forgot to add, I don't own a single piece of women's lingerie and have a penchant for single malt (just in the throws of finishing off a rather nice Laphroaig... Slainte Mhath :P)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

See Kenny, we both like Scotch  ;D

You just need to try some Bowmore 12 year, or MacAllan 12.