Author Topic: Dude, where's my house?  (Read 782 times)

westen44

• View Profile
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Dude, where's my house?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
I saw a news interview with the owner, under the circumstances he was surprisingly calm about it.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:33 AM »
Maybe their astonishment at the absurdity of what happened overrode everything else.  I don't know.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:38:24 AM »
I saw a news interview with the owner, under the circumstances he was surprisingly calm about it.

The house was empty and unoccupied, and will most likely get rebuilt with someone elses money. What's to get excited about?

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 05:53:06 AM »
The house was empty and unoccupied, and will most likely get rebuilt with someone elses money. What's to get excited about?

The article also stated that he intended on renovating it.  He does lose any sentimental value, and his grandmother's house is completely gone.  The neighbors even told the wrecking crew they were at the wrong location.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:08:18 AM »

It definitely could have been way worse.  Several years ago, I saw an article telling of a British woman who went on a vacation and when she returned a family from a foreign country was living in her house.  A con artist had "sold" them a fake deed to the house.  Because of legal complications, it took the woman weeks before she could get back in her home.  In the meantime, they were trashing her house while she was helpless to do anything. 

--Blaise Pascal