Author Topic: Does anyone here care about 5 strings?  (Read 10326 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here care about 5 strings?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:57 AM »
Or a TB Studio 5 stringer. Alas!, it taketh no prisoners and it knoweth no language, but its B string voice is unrelenting.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Rhystard

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 05:10:30 AM »
You must be Geezer Butler, welcome you molten lava emitting brethren!  :mrgreen:

No Geezer here, but he did come to Perth last year!

Geezer lives in Perth?
Rhystard, how do you like those Rio Grande Pit Bulls?
For a passive 5, you could get something in a T bird variety for a reasonable price from Cataldo.

The Pickups are fantastic, certainly a lot better than the originals, which interestingly started ok then seemed to become microphonic and "middier" with time.
I wish I was able to give you a description of their tone, but I am none too eloquent, certainly not when compared to Uwe who can describe bass tone as though the blurb was to go on the back of a wine bottle.

Or a TB Studio 5 stringer. Alas!, it taketh no prisoners and it knoweth no language, but its B string voice is unrelenting.

Call me strange, but I prefer buying new. The sweat on it then is only mine...
Plus I like that the new cherry EB would allow me to gig a bass that at least in some part slightly resembles my favourite looking bass.

Blackbird

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »

There's a cherry one still here that's calling my name, but the timing is awful.  I'd do that up even tho I haven't played a 5 in years.