Author Topic: Sunn Concert bass and 215 cab opinions?  (Read 3853 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Sunn Concert bass and 215 cab opinions?
« on: March 11, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
 On the local Craigs list I'd like to snag it, What do you guys think? How high should I go? http://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/3669269418.html
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: Sunn Concert bass and 215 cab opinions?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
$375 for that? Looks like a good deal to me. Why is it not already at your house?  ;D
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »
i thought the concert is like 100-125 watts....but real loud watts, if I remember.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
If that was in Austin it would already be in my music room!  Get it Scott!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:16 AM »
Go get it! Yeah, "low" power, but loud. Not a ton of low end though.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
 It's about a hour away I have to wait till the weekend, he doesn't get out of work till 3:30. I do the cooking here at the Ponderosa. It wouldn't look good me pulling into the driveway with a new amp in the van and no dinner on the table.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
It's about a hour away I have to wait till the weekend, he doesn't get out of work till 3:30. I do the cooking here at the Ponderosa. It wouldn't look good me pulling into the driveway with a new amp in the van and no dinner on the table.

Pick up pizzas on your way home. Problem solved.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
Why Not??? You already have the Ultimate Hiwatt amp...go get this sunn rig!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 04:00:26 AM »
Why not? Well I can think of a couple of good reasons! 1. I don't need it. 2. I have to store it. 3. I really shouldn't spend the money. 4. I have 7 heads. 5. I have 15 cabs (at least). I like to buy this stuff locally on the cheap just so it doesn't get bought by some kind who is going to spray paint his bands logo on the grill. If I bought it I'd leave it a my brothers so we can jam and I don't have to lug gear.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 06:24:51 AM »
As GASsers, we can always make a case for buying it, whatever it may be that particular day. I'm in a similar situation right now, and the logic I'm using is that if it's a sound that I've always loved, and ultimately want to make, I find a way to move something else to get it. In my present case, it happens to be a Hammond M3. It's a trade deal, so I get a couple of things going out the door as the M3 is coming in. I have my wife's support on this one - well, sort of. It's going to be a tight fit here, but it matches the furniture, and the sound of a real tonewheel organ is one that I've always dug even though I don't play. I intend to remedy that to some extent, much as I did with guitar, merely because I wanted to make that sound. Plus the added mojo of having a Hammond in the living room.
Re the Sunn rig... I've played through a Concert bass on several occasions, and while it's a cool rig - certainly not one I would turn my nose up at - it's tone is not one I would say has been rattling around in my head for decades. I've turned down FREE stuff because I knew, ultimately, that it would just be another chore at some level.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 08:24:11 AM »
Phew ok I have cooled on this.......................... I found a nice 70's P bass locally for a steal!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
Phew ok I have cooled on this.......................... I found a nice 70's P bass locally for a steal!

Much, much easier to ease a bass and case into the house when no one is looking  8) ;D

I do most of the cooking at my casa as well - the girl's know something's up on my wish list when I crank out a lasagna or something else real involved :rolleyes:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
 Last night broiled scallops, rice and green beans for me and Cath. Home made chicken tenders for our daughter. :)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
Last night broiled scallops, rice and green beans for me and Cath. Home made chicken tenders for our daughter. :)

Your daughter too?  Mine is 23 and still wants chicken tenders!  At least now she's trying to cook them herself - marinated and breaded with panko then baked - not as good as fried but they're pretty tasty and the panko gives you some crunch.

I do a very good grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, brown mustard and apple cider vinegar with lots of garlic, onions and cracked black pepper - brat princess turns her nose up at it and rather eat chicken tenders  :sad:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
Roshina would like to keep chickens... and give them all names... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...