Author Topic: Prince smashes '61 Epi... not his!  (Read 2057 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Prince smashes '61 Epi... not his!
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
On Fallon. Here's the story:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/195134/prince-smashed-someone-elses-1961-epiphone-on-fallon/

A musical genius and kickass guitarist, but sometimes he can be an idiot. Here's the video:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/prince-bambi/n33470
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Prince smashes '61 Epi... not his!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
Exceptionally ungentlemanly conduct... should be offered the glass of brandy, a quiet room, and an officer's pistol... and then be left to do the decent thing... >:(
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »
the word "douche" comes to mind...
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
 I saw this earlier this week. This is why I never loan gear.......................especially to "stars".  I can't tell oyu how many times I have been asked by the road crew for touring pros Your rig is soo much nicer than the back line provided can so and so use it ? Um no he can't.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
I saw this earlier this week. This is why I never loan gear.......................especially to "stars".  I can't tell you how many times I have been asked by the road crew for touring pros your rig is so much nicer than the back line provided can so and so use it ? Um no he can't.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
That is so sad...what an axxhole

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
That song sucks, I hated "Little Red Corvette" and "Purple Rain", never thought he was the "new Jimi Hendrix" and couldn't stand Prince from the minute I laid eyes on him. I am vindicated that he's a sawed off douchebag.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »
Exceptionally ungentlemanly conduct... should be offered the glass of brandy, a quiet room, and an officer's pistol... and then be left to do the decent thing... >:(

I couldn't agree more but the flaw in the logic here is that this POS would never do the decent thing. A guy like this requires a man to man discussion out in the alley with no witnesses.
Rick

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
That song sucks, I hated "Little Red Corvette" and "Purple Rain", never thought he was the "new Jimi Hendrix" and couldn't stand Prince from the minute I laid eyes on him. I am vindicated that he's a sawed off douchebag.

Certainly, I have always greatly preferred Hendrix.  Prince is very talented, but if I'm going to pick people to compare to Hendrix, Prince probably wouldn't make the list.  I have a guitarist friend who prefers Prince, but we disagree on that and many other things, too. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
 Personally if that had been one of mine I would have grabbed my heaviest Precision bass and beat him with it, they do have their uses.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
When I read the title I immediately thought of that guy from the Roots.  Every time I've caught Fallon's show, I notice he's up there playing some gorgeous old Gibson.  

That was a real chump move on Prince's part.  >:(

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
 There are those suggesting that this was all pre planned with the owner knowing what was to happen if so then they are all D-bags.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »
It's very long and you have to be a bit of a Kevin Smith fan, but this should tell you everything about Prince you need to know:

Prince hasn't lived in the real world for years, but that performance WAS killer, even if the song is nothing special. My wife showed it to me from a link someone had posted on her Facebook page, and my first thought was how much he DID sound like Hendrix in his tone and phrasing. My second thought was that he ODed on pancake makeup. My third thought was that he must have demanded that his own people mix his set, because NBC can't do anything but ruin live performances.

As much as I do respect and like the Roots, Jimmy Fallon is proof that Lorne Micheals likes blowjobs from boys. I have had the displeasure of working with him and while he wasn't mean, he IS a completely unprofessional and talentless moron.

When Prince smashed the Epi at the end, I was disappointed, but hopeful, since he's such a tiny little pussy. After the smash, the guitar still looked intact before the camera cut away.  At least it looks like a fairly simple repair that shouldn't screw up the guitar's sound, and given the ownership and video proof of the break and who did it, sadly, that Epi just went UP in value.