Author Topic: Riddle me this ...  (Read 2673 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Riddle me this ...
« on: February 23, 2013, 05:57:12 PM »
Not another gun topic, don't worry, but this South African guy, the one with the guilty feet (or not) which have got no rhythm (stolen from George Michael) and with the fetching name of Pistolius (or close!), so he shots his hotshot significant other in the bathroom while she is taking a leak (such chivalry: "I told you not to flush!") and he is scared of burglars at night. A-hum.

I'm trying to get this through my head. I imagine shooting Edith at night "by accident" and then finding out the horrible truth. I sure would know where my next bullet would go. This guy just doesn't lack legs, he lacks - far more crippling - any semblance of honor.

To be fair: I never liked him. But now I think he's repulsive. What a chicken piece of shit the man is.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Riddle me this ...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 06:10:41 PM »
Since I watch CNN each night before I turn in, I've been trying to keep up with it.  The interesting thing I've learned so far is how the legal system works there.  He's not being tried by a jury, just the judge.  One person hears the evidence and decides.  I admit I don't know enough about Pistolius, but Pies Morgan did ask him about his temper, which came out in public after a race a few years back.  I would say that shooting someone on the throne differs from what his defense has been, which was that he mistook her for a burglar.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
His story is just not believable to me. Not in any way.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:54:02 AM »
It was his gun, he freely admits he used it, there is someone dead - what I don't understand is how he is now "walking" the streets...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
I heard there had been a rash of burglars in SA breaking into gated mansions to take a leak.  Happens all the time here in NY.  Very unsanitary!   :P
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 05:47:37 AM »

Last night, CNN ran his whole statement.  Now that I've heard all of it, I agree.  And the judge apparently has the same concerns.

Why would he not check where she was before grabbing the gun and going to the bathroom?
Why would she have been locked in the bathroom?
Why were the shots directed at someone sitting on the toilet, rather than someone hiding there?

The neighbors statements about the fighting prior to the shooting don't support his story.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.brooksbassguitars.com
Re: Ridley me this ...
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
they do call him the Blade Runner...  ;)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:32:23 AM by Basvarken »

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »
And now, his brother Carl may also be facing a homicide charge.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 06:48:28 AM »
Ray Lewis, call Pistorius, he needs some legal advice!  Seriously, two similar things happened in NY last year.  A father kicked the jack out from under a car while his son was working on it and crushed him.  Then claimed the $200,000 life insurance policy he had taken out recently.  He's going to trial soon for murder.

The other one, much like Blademan, was a retired cop who was on vacation with his adult son, and shot and killed the son one night as he walked into the hotel room.  He claimed he had been asleep and thought his son was a burglar.  Do these people know enough to identify their target first?  How dumb do they think the cops are?  This fellow has been charged with murder also.

Parents killing their children.  The rich and famous committing murder.  It's a sick world!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »

As much as I am hesitant to believe what the media puts out there, this guy looks guilty as sin. You can almost always read between the lines of the media coverage and find several points which are questionable. I'm not seeing anything in his favor here. I reckon he's due for a fair trial and a hangin'.
Rick

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »
I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, but in today's media-saturated world, it is hard to ignore events taking place thousands of mikes away!  It is human nature to draw conclusions with partial info.  We can't help ourselves.  It is OK as long as we're not on the jury or the judge!

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »
he shot through a locked bathroom door and hit his target multiple times. there was no danger to this guy. if it was a real burgler pissto would have held him in the bathroom untill the cops came. over here he would at least be charged with manslaughter but prolly' murder. letting the judge decide the case is done in the usa as well.

good thing he didn't run. with those foot prints... ;D
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »

good thing he didn't run. with those foot prints... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
Rick

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
he shot through a locked bathroom door and hit his target multiple times. there was no danger to this guy. if it was a real burgler pissto would have held him in the bathroom untill the cops came.

That was how I looked at it too.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »
As much as I am hesitant to believe what the media puts out there, this guy looks guilty as sin. You can almost always read between the lines of the media coverage and find several points which are questionable. I'm not seeing anything in his favor here. I reckon he's due for a fair trial and a hangin'.
Rick

Reminds me of one of the memorable quotes from Silverado - "We're gonna give you a fair trial, followed by a first class hanging. "

And my conclusions were reached by the release of Pistorius' statement, not the media coverage.