Author Topic: GK MB115  (Read 911 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
GK MB115
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:51 AM »
Has anyone tried any of GK's MB115 offerings in the past couple of years? Saw one on CL locally for $300 and wondered what your opinions might be.
Thanks!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
Re: GK MB115
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »
I bought one brand new when they first came out.  June of 2010 I think and with a 20% coupon paid just over $340 plus tax at Guitar Center.  Gigged the crap out of it and at really high volumes.  It also sounded great playing at lower volumes when I was practicing at home.  Nice and light and fit in the front seat of my old Toyota Pickup.  The more recent ones have cooling fans and mine did not.  But I never had any issues with overheating.  I had tried the MB210 before the 115 (at a gig) and I took the 210 back and got the 115.  To me it just sounded better.  I also used a tilted stand so I could hear it better on stage.  I used it for smaller club gigs but had my backup 410 rig for bigger venues.  After the band switched to IEM's I pretty much kept it at home and used the bigger rig which was in road cases and kept in band trailer.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: GK MB115
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
I like the look of the new "II" models better, but I can't comment on the previous ones with the silver grille plate because my MB112-II is my first ever GK amp.