Author Topic: Dear Connecticut...  (Read 45291 times)

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Dear Connecticut...
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »
they already make pink guns aimed at (no pun) the female market.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
"Maybe the AR-15 style attracts nuts - OK, if so, how do we deal with the fact that it's one of the most popular firearms in the US?"

Making a pink fin of it mandatory as well as the caption "my owner is gay", perhaps?  Second Amendment says nothing about the color of the arms borne by the militia.

Hey, Elvis was quite fond of charcoal and pink.  I ain't giving up any of my God given color choices to a bunch of fag gun nuts. ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2012, 08:13:13 AM »
Elvis was quite fond of jelly doughnuts and fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Napoleon Bloomberg would have him arrested.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
Elvis was quite fond of jelly doughnuts and fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Napoleon Bloomberg would have him arrested.

I'm talking about thin, pre jumpsuit and most major drugs Elvis...unfried organic peanut butter and banana with honey sammiches are a major part of my diet.  What are you implying?

According to the Supreme Court billionaires, especially elected ones, have the right to all the free speech they can buy.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »

I've steered clear of this discussion for a number of reasons, but one thing that especially irks me is when comparisons are made between the U.S. and other places, as if the U.S. is one monolithic community with no differences between Rochester, NY, Chicago, IL, Sissonville, WV, and Provo, UT. This is not to downplay the shooting that inspired this thread, but context matters in every discussion regarding violent crime and guns. I think this video provides it in an evenhanded fashion.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
I sure learned a lot. 
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »
I found that piece very interesting.
Rick

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »
Interesting video indeed.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
Thanks, George. Make no mistake about it, though, it's not a matter of the media failing to examine this. As I said before, the post-Newtown coverage is agenda-driven propaganda. It's a disinformation campaign.

When he talks about tackling the problem in specific pockets of violence, he falls short by not mentioning the most obvious cause: drug-related violence caused by the ruinous war on drugs.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:25 AM »
But Sandy Hook wasn't about drug violence which tends to be bad and mean in any country on earth. It's just not the same thing. If you are unfortunate enough to have to live in a drug community or are a drug dealer yourself, you run a higher risk of falling victim to violence. That is not solely a US problem. But unless I'm mistaken, Sandy Hook is neither a drug traffic hot spot nor were those children drug peddlers nor Herr Lanza a crystal meth addict on a rage.

The media bashing is crap. It is an attempt by people too reluctant to state something as radical and currently non-pc as "dead school children once in a while is the price you have to pay for an unadulterated free use of guns under the Second Amendment" to obscure the issues. If Sandy Hook wasn't reason enough for an outcry by the press about US gun regulation practice today, I don't know what is/should have been. It sure interested the media in other countries as well who could care less about the US' domestic policies and are not pushing any anti-libertarian agenda there. Europe already has sharp gun control and no sizable group against it. And if something like Sandy Hook happened, you can be sure that what restricted gun ownership there is would be curbed even further.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:45:17 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »
Astounding.  There's so much to learn.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
Europe already has sharp gun control and no sizable group against it. And if something like Sandy Hook happened, you can be sure that what restricted gun ownership there is would be curbed even further.  

Did the public acceptance to strict gun laws in European countries change after the murder of the 77 Norwegians or after Breivik was sentenced to 99.5 days per victim?

That's called 'serving up a fat one', Uwe. ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
But Sandy Hook wasn't about drug violence ....  

I was specifically responding to a specific point made by the man who made the video. I wasn't talking about Sandy Hook at all.

I won't engage with you on the rest of what you said since it's all been said before earlier in this thread.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »
Happiness is the longing for repetition.

Milan Kundera

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »
at this point in our nation's history i would venture to say that the 'gun problem' is unsolvable. over the past decades i have not heard one idea that may work in the long term. citizens of the usa will simply not give up their guns, legal or not under any circumstances. just my opinion so i won't rehash all the ideas that have come before. i would call this one of those 'you had to be raised here issues' to fully grasp what this is all about.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead