Author Topic: Joyous and non-music related!  (Read 2429 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Joyous and non-music related!
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »

This is for me and Fraulein Rommel.....COUGS WIN!!  COUGS WIN!!

After giving up three turnovers and going down 18 points in the 3rd quarter, the Washington State Cougars tied the Apple Cup against Washington, the dreaded dawgz (that's how they spell it in WA) inexplicably missed a 35-yard field goal at the end of the game.

The Cougs picked off the ball from Washington early in overtime, moved it well and made a field goal to win the Apple Cup for the first time in four years, 31-28.  The Cougs were 13-point underdogs in the game....and pulled it out by playing hard and shutting down the dawgz for most of the game.  Thousands of Cougs rushed the field and had a party after the kick. (The last time we won was in 2008, with a field goal in double overtime, and I was there - and I was in the middle of the field with 5,000 or so of my close personal friends celebrating afterwards!)

This ends an 8-game losing streak, ended a miserable season in which the team laid down in some games, and it redeemed the season.  It also sets the right tone for next year. This is one of those games in which you throw out the records, the season and everything else and get down to tough football.

Redemption!

There really is a football God!

For those who have yet to be introduced, the letters WSU form the Cougar head.  It's one of the best athletic logos in the world!!

I end this gratuitous post with two words which are spoken whenever you see that logo: GO, COUGS!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Joyous and non-music related!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
I thought of you right away when I saw the score.  :toast:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »

There'll be some drinkin' in the Palouse for awhile!  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:27:43 AM »
Amen!  Have a great beer yourself in celebration! You're a Coug at heart, I know.  :toast:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
Nope... failed to make the sports news over here... (ducking for cover)

Enjoy... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

That's ok Kenny, we don't get a lot of U.K. Football news over here in the Colonies  ;)

I love it when the Huskies have to shut up.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »
In related news, OSU went 12-0 this season, and cannot participate in any Bowl games.  The good news is that I was able to go to the store, park really close, and get in/out in a hurry.  The streets of Columbus were empty this afternoon.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
I saw the end of the Ohio State game - congrats to the Buckeyes!

Watching more football now...and the smoker is going...for those who have been waiting:

And the turkey after about 20 minutes...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
NC State's up 14-10 over Boston College. We really should be doing better.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »

No joy in Huskieville today  ;)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »
Gators score 24 straight in the Fourth Quarter against the #1 defense in the country to upset FSU, fourth victory over a top 12 team this year.  By far the sweetest of their 11 victories.  Almost makes me wish I had a TV.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »
The Wolfpack wins 27-10 over the last placed team in the conference. We really should have done better. The Pack as been like that since I first attended as freshman in 1983. We could often beat the good teams and frequently played thinly against the bad teams.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »
I saw the end of the Ohio State game - congrats to the Buckeyes!

Watching more football now...and the smoker is going...for those who have been waiting:

And the turkey after about 20 minutes...

DROOL!  So, brine or no brine? What temp do you shoot for?

I will have a smoker by this time next year!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
DROOL!  So, brine or no brine? What temp do you shoot for?

I will have a smoker by this time next year!

I do use a brine - I have a 5-gallon bucket that I put two gallons of water in (enough to submerge the bird).  For each gallon of water I add one cup of pickling salt and one cup of brown sugar.  I usually throw in a lot of store brand maple syrup too.  Stir well, slide the bird in, stick a spatula into the body cavity to push the bird down into the water and snap the lid on the bucket.  Refrigerate 6+ hours...usually 12 hours.

And today just got happier - Colorado State (my employer, and alma mater for both daughters) ended a sub-par season on a badly needed positive note by beating New Mexico! 

GO, RAMS!!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »
I figured you would brine the bird - nice information to have.

Not to agitate too much, but your other alma mater had a very good year too ;)

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/72282/aggies-cap-off-big-first-sec-season-in-style

I'm not a too big of sports guy but I do like to pull for the underdogs on occasion.  Remember, when they moved they were supposed to be trampled every game.