Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 4349 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving guys!  Y'all be safe and have a great day!

Pilgrim, I'm waiting on the pics of the prerequisite smoked turkey, and whatever else you cook up on the smoker too ;D  One of these days I have to get myself a smoker :sad:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
Have a great day people...
I shall be enjoying the day off at our National Archives on a DEEP info trawl - 11 hours and 1500 images on Tuesday this week and if all goes well another set tomorrow...!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:30 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Have a great day people...
I shall be enjoying the day off at our National Archives on a DEEP info trawl - 11 hours and 1500 images on Tuesday this week and if all goes well another set tomorrow...!

Sounds like fun. What are you researching?
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
 A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I will spend the day alone, but very thankful for all that I have.  As I near the first year of being single again, and away from an abusive relationship and all the albatrosses around my neck, I will spend the day thinking of those who are dear to me.  Tomorrow, I get to spend the day with my wonderful daughter, her boyfriend and his family.  Monday, I hope to take a day trip to see someone very special.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Enjoy your family and be in good health!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you Uwe and Dave for allowing the site to happen.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Have a safe and enjoyable holiday  ;D
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving guys!  Y'all be safe and have a great day!

Pilgrim, I'm waiting on the pics of the prerequisite smoked turkey, and whatever else you cook up on the smoker too ;D  One of these days I have to get myself a smoker :sad:

Well, I'll provide a pic of pumpkin pie.  We're time-shifting the big dinner to Saturday so the whole family can be here...but my lovely wife JoAnn made a great looking pie to make it feel more like Thanksgiving.  

I'm home grading WAY too many papers (got behind in teaching my online class) and watching football today. Wife and daughter #2 just left for Estes Park Colorado to go hiking around Rocky Mt National Park for the morning...but they're going farther than my feet would hold up for, and it's OK.

BTW - I'm typing this on a Lenovo Z580 / 2151 that I picked up at a pawn shop yesterday.  It's six months old, Win7, i7 quad-core processor, 500 GB hard drive, great keyboard, 15.6" LCD in 16:9 ratio, and in beautiful shape - got it for a hair over $300, and they sell new for $600-$700.  It had just hit the shelf coming out of pawn.  Currently has 4 GB RAM but in a week that will become 8 GB RAM.  I spent last evening setting it up.  Still need to load MS Office.

My old HP laptop is showing its age pretty badly...to the point where if I turn on the WI-Fi, the computer crashes when I connect to a network.  This is highly inconvenient.  That laptop is about 5-6 years old and getting tired.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!  I appreciate alla youse guys.

Maybe this shot from last year will tide you over...

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
Thanks Pilgrim!  It has come to be a tradition to see the smoker at this time of the year ;D

I'll also second Patman and say that I'm thankful to Uwe and Dave for the LBO ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
If you prefer winter shots, here's one from a snowy year....although it's in the 60's here today.

And we know what goes with smoked turkey....Shiner Holiday Cheer.  Had my first one of the season last evening.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »
Thanks, guys.

Long sleeve shirt for coffee and doughnuts this morning, now it's 35 (F) and sleeting.

Only in Minnesota: lefse with butter, cinnamon and sugar at the Thanksgiving table.

And now, a blast from the past.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I will spend the day alone, but very thankful for all that I have.  As I near the first year of being single again, and away from an abusive relationship and all the albatrosses around my neck, I will spend the day thinking of those who are dear to me.  Tomorrow, I get to spend the day with my wonderful daughter, her boyfriend and his family.  Monday, I hope to take a day trip to see someone very special.

I'm glad you're doing well!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »
Thanks, guys.

Long sleeve shirt for coffee and doughnuts this morning, now it's 35 (F) and sleeting.

Only in Minnesota: lefse with butter, cinnamon and sugar at the Thanksgiving table.

And now, a blast from the past.

The background behind this episode - http://classictvhistory.wordpress.com/
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 01:06:33 AM »
Well, I'm late, but I hope you fellers all had a great day. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Now that I've seen that WKRP clip I can say my Thanksgiving is complete. No sarcasm there, either. I love that clip!