Author Topic: USA Thunderbird Reverse Out of Production?  (Read 9110 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: USA Thunderbird Reverse Out of Production?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

If you ask nicely we'll give to you  ;)

I'd suggest parading women in lederhosen first to provide distraction  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
Of course I could have my luthier do it. Better, cheaper and with more love than the Gibson CS, but the point is I WANT A GIBSON C-SS BA-SS TO MY OWN SS-PECS!!! IT I-SS MY NATURE- AND FATE-GIVEN RRRRRRRIGHT!!!!!! LEBENS- UND GIBSSÖNRAUM!!!

Say, would Nashville be hard to invade? We could always rename it "Nazzstadt" ...

That photo reminds me.....they filmed some of the early silent movies in my town here BEFORE there was ever a "Hollywood," circa 1916. The next street over from me there still stands the old "Vitagraph Movie Studio" building, whihc was the company's Long Island hub to the main Brooklyn studios. Chaplin had a house in the Brighwaters area of town 1/4 mile west of me, along with other stars of those early stars. Pretty cool.

http://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13644
http://www.city-data.com/forum/long-island/1173267-bayshore-anyone-know-where-charles-chaplin.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitagraph_Studios

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »

Say, would Nashville be hard to invade? We could always rename it "Nazzstadt" ...

Careful; they'd fling biscuits and gravy, which can stick to anything.

Besides, they already have "Rednecksraum" in place there.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
But The Great Dictator wasn't a silent movie! Goebbels, btw, considered it "dangerously well-made, you've got to grant that to the Jew".

And no redneck jokes bitte ("Rednecksraum"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:), I always liked this song here:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:36:03 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
But The Great Dictator wasn't a silent movie! Goebbels, btw, considered it "dangerously well-made, you've got to grant that to the Jew".

I said that photo "reminded" me about the Vitagraph Film Company and that Chaplin had a house here, not that The Great Dictator was shot here. But you will probably find the last line of the below summation about the upcoming film interesting, Uwe.

Most people do not realize that New York was the original location of the U.S. film industry and that Hollywood not the film industry there did not exist until 1910 and still did not pass New York as the film industry center until 1915....mainly because all the Hollywood based companies were trying to hide their illegal use of Thomas Edison's filmaking equipment patents and Edison was based in NYC area. So, Hollywood was largely founded to commit patent infringement. (The climate was also better than NYC to shoot year round and the longer hours of sunlight better for the early film stock that needed more light.)

A guy I know is actually in pre-production on a film series on the history of Vitagraph:

"When Long Island Was Hollywood: The Forgotten Story of the Famous Vitagraph Company of America.

The film will tell the story of two poor uneducated English immigrants, Albert E. Smith and J. Stuart Blackton who stumbled onto the ground floor of the movie business while seeking new technology to incorporate into their second-rate vaudeville act.  That technology came in the form of Thomas Edison’s Kinetoscope.  Albert E. Smith, also a self-taught machinist, converted the Kinetoscope into a camera and in 1896, the Vitagraph Company was formed.

From its studios in Flatbush, Brooklyn, the Vitagraph Company of America, using the American eagle as its logo, became omnipresent not only in America, but throughout the world.  It had the most impressive distribution of any early movie studio in American cinema.  With the assistance of a third partner, financial backer and fellow Englishman, William “Pop” Rock, Vitagraph became the cornerstone of the movie industry and a powerful force in the creation and shaping of American cinema.

By the time Vitagraph sold to the fledgling Warner Bros. in 1925, it existed for twenty-nine years, outlasting all it’s early competitors and acquiring Lubin, Selig, and Essanay. By then the movie business was the fourth largest industry in the world, with Vitagraph as the only movie studio owned by Christians in a Jewish dominated industry."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:59:22 PM by mc2NY »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »
I didn't know that. That Long Island origin I mean. Always assumed that Hollywood cropped up out of nowhere without giving it much thought.

I of course knew that Hollywood wouldn't be there without Jewish filmmakers (a recurring propaganda theme of the Nazis to villify Hollywood's anti-Nazi stance), but why non-Jews failed to see the economic perspective of the fledgling movie industry escapes me. I guess Jewish theater people, concert impressarios and so forth were just by way of their occupation closer to this new thing called cinematography and jumped on it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:52:34 PM by dadagoboi »