Author Topic: Wishbone Ash - unexpected  (Read 828 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Wishbone Ash - unexpected
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »

Just something one of my co-workers brought in that's kinda fun, I think that's Andy Powell's sig.
He happened to be visiting England at the time. My knowledge of the English countryside is limited, is this near any of our forum mates?

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Wishbone Ash - unexpected
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:05 AM »
I've never heard of them. They meant zilch in the US. Album of the year 1972 in Melody Maker and Sounds (ahead of Led Zep and David Bowie releases) don't count. They stole everything they know from the Allman Brothers too. Only Blackmore liked them, but then who's he?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Honiton is in the "west-country" approx 3 hours drive from me (near the funny pointy bottom left of the UK, nowhere near where Blackmore was brought up but only about an hour from where he was born in Weston...

Did you know that Ritchie also went to the same school as me, so I'm told, but not at the same time, and we both worked at Heathrow, again not at the same time - quite a coincidence really...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
 :mrgreen: Were you a radio electrician too?  And do you wear stove pipe hats?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Would you believe, an instrument mechanic, and wooly hats... coincidence can only take you so far... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...