Author Topic: Stolen TBirds  (Read 2368 times)

mc2NY

• View Profile
Stolen TBirds
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
I just happened to run across this on Craigs List USA; Eugene, Oregon

I do not know the guy but I figure everyone here trolls the 'net or music/pawn stores looking for Tbirds and might spot these...

*************** AD

eugene craigslist > for sale / wanted > musical instruments - by owner

Stolen Guitars - $1 (Eugene)
Date: 2012-10-04, 4:14PM PDT
Reply to this post Reply to: gfmfn-3316949865@sale.craigslist.org

Stolen Guitars

Gibson Thunderbird Bass Late 90s edition. Brown Sunburst. Chrome HipShot tuners with D-Tuner on low E. Chrome Gibson bridge. Bridge Pickup is very microphonic. Brown Gibson Case with Pink lining.

Gibson Thunderbird Bass Late 90s edition. White with black hardware. Neck Set requires Bridge to be adjusted down to body. Poor Factory finish exposes some wood at the edges of the center bump. Brown Gibson Case with Pink lining

Orville by Gibson Thunderbird Bass. 60s style Thunderbird with two nickel covered pickups and canoe paddle head stock. Very thin neck. Distinctive dings at bottom of body near strap button. Brown Gibson Case with Pink lining

Gibson SG 61 Reissue, early 2000s model, cherry red, small pick guard. Very clean. Some minor and distinctive worming on upper horn. Black Gibson case.

Martin D18 Made in 1951, serial number 119084. Two strap button holes drilled on upper bout. (Not by Me) Strap button is now on heal. Old Scratches on top from enthuseastic strumming, (not by me) Was in a newer Martin Case with green plush lining .

My home was forcibly entered and these and other items stolen the night of Monday, OCT 2nd.
If you have any information please call me at 541-344-3693
or call Eugene Police at 541-682-8186 and refer to case #12-17479

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3316949865

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Stolen TBirds
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

A bit south of me but good to know!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
This was someone he knew, if he hasn't figured it out, or the police haven't told him.  Nobody randomly breaks into a house for that.  Whoever took them was very much aware that they were there, and what they were.

Just another reason to keep things tucked away in a closet and not put them out on display for everyone to see.  I hate to be a cynic, but the friends you can truly trust are probably a very small circle.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:45:07 AM »
Man, that sucks. I hope he gets them back.

After I bought that stolen Jaguar off Craigslist and then after my Jerry Jones stolen (though it wasn't at my house) I started running a cable lock through all the handles of my cases when I'm not home so that they'd be a real pain in the ass to move even if someone did break in. The 200S is also cable locked up in the chain.

I guess I'm paranoid but I figured up how much all this stuff is worth and I was like damn!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
when i had my landscaping business i would run chains through everything. even gas cans. too mant times people had gone shopping in my truck and trailer. the chains stopped that but a lot of time was spent messing with them.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
Maybe one of the pet microchipping companies will start offering the service for musical instruments. No doubt some people would complain that it affects tone, though.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
Maybe one of the pet microchipping companies will start offering the service for musical instruments. No doubt some people would complain that it affects tone, though.

https://www.snagg.com/faq.htm
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
Just like pet microchips, that system is only as good as the system is widespread and honest. When mobile GPS chips get small enough to embed in instruments, THEN, I'm interested.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
He needs to have a couple of pitbulls in the house. A shotgun helps as well.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
https://www.snagg.com/faq.htm

Rats, there goes my million dollar idea.  ;D

Just like pet microchips, that system is only as good as the system is widespread and honest. When mobile GPS chips get small enough to embed in instruments, THEN, I'm interested.

True, and the company has to stay in business long term. GPS chips would be better.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
He needs to have a couple of pitbulls in the house. A shotgun helps as well.

A shotgun only helps if you're at home during the robbery attempt. Otherwise the thief will steal that too.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
GPS chips would be better.

I can hear it now... "The Illuminati/Masons/Rothschilds/Bilderbergs want to track me from gig to gig!"

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
If you are carrying a cell phone they are already doing it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
If you are carrying a cell phone they are already doing it.

I can't hear you - I have the flaps on my tinfoil hat pulled down over my ears.   :P
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
I can't hear you - I have the flaps on my tinfoil hat pulled down over my ears.   :P

:mrgreen: