Author Topic: Only the most horrible childhood experiences ...  (Read 4665 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Only the most horrible childhood experiences ...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 09:11:43 AM »
but did it really have to be DiMarzio Model 1s?

That's what I did not understand. Also Model I's were from the 70's or 80's?

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 10:22:59 AM »
"Should I have just put it under the bed and not used it?"

Uhm, yes! And sell it to me 40 years later.  ;D

Just joking, young men are free to channel their sexual aggressions and frustrations into the alteration of inanimate objects, but did it really have to be DiMarzio Model 1s? Was the the sound of the original sixties pup that bad to your ears?

Uwe

No, it's not that the original pickup was bad, in fact it wouldn't have happened had not the headstock broke. When I took it to the butcher shop for repair somehow it sounded good at the time to add a pickup, and replace the original so they'd both be the same. That was about 1978 and maybe the Model 1 was just coming out. It seemed a good idea at the time. And it did work well for me for years.

But now with modern amplification I don't like it so much anymore, and often think of reverting it back, but that would mean refinishing and everyone asking what happened to it, loss of mojo, etc.

And Uwe, it doesn't matter if it sat under the bed unused, or got modified and much used, if you want to buy it you will have to talk to my kids after I am gone because I'm not selling it. (unless under the most dire of circumstances)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
I ask my kids if they wanted or even thought of keeping my basses after I leave the building. First thing my son asks is "How much my Non Reverses worth?" and said he would sell it, so I guess I should and at least enjoy the money down the road somewhere.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:40 AM »
Granted, Model 1s were all the rage in the late seventies - you are absolved ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 10:32:14 AM »
That brings up the question: what is this NR on ebay now worth. The only original and unmodified parts left are the tuners, truss rod cover, and electronics cover. The headstock has been repaired. I don't think I'd offer more than half of the buy it now.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 10:33:53 AM »
Granted, Model 1s were all the rage in the late seventies - you are absolved ...

Thank You, but you I'm still not selling. ;D

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
I would think it's worth $1000 to $1200, but I would not pay more than $800-$900 personally.