Author Topic: '67 Thunderbird through Hiwatt DR201  (Read 1302 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
'67 Thunderbird through Hiwatt DR201
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:27:51 AM »
    In the Out Post section I posted a link to vote for our band in a song competition. I thought you guys down here might be interested that the bass track was recorded with my beat '67 Thunderbird, my '75 Hiwatt DR201 through a Hiwatt 2150 cab., miced with a Sure 57. I am pretty happy with the results, this was a quick mix to get it submitted to the contest, i think I'll try to get some more punch in the next mix apposed to Geezer Butler like rumble. Please go up to the Outpost forum and vote ;)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

maxschrek

• I'm getting closer, my Salamander.
    • View Profile
Re: '67 Thunderbird through Hiwatt DR201
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:06:27 AM »
That tone kicks ass and the Geezer rumble reference is spot on. My first thought was "Turn Up The Night", which is a good thing.

T

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:37 AM »
Many years ago, while in my teens, I worked at a hydro power station. Or, to be precise, in the store place that was, while building the power station. That store place was a big unit. I guess 30 feet to the ceiling. Further more, I worked in the part of the store that was not heated, there was no need for it to be as different stuff for machines, trucks and so on were kept there. The cold store, as it was called, hade a huge double door, so you could drive a truck into it. The doors were made in sheet metal. In cold winter days, these doors made a "clanging" sound - like thunder - when you closed them fast, and hard. I love that sound. And that is the sound I hear while listening to your bass on this tune. Love it! :mrgreen:

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
GREAT Tone!!!!!!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
You sounded great on there Scott!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »
Nice!!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:31:07 AM »
Great tone & playing

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:34:40 AM »
 Thanks Guys! The tune is a little more pop than normal for us. I always try and make the playing fit the song, this song didn't seem to need much, I did try and get a few licks in though. ;D
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 07:13:47 AM »
I love that tone! That track is also a fine example of how good an SM57 is for bass cabs too. I love hearing from people who swear that they have no low end. Obviously, that's not the case. Nice work.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
kicks ass!!!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
 We tried a bunch of mikes on this cab and the 57 sounded hands down the best.
I love that tone! That track is also a fine example of how good an SM57 is for bass cabs too. I love hearing from people who swear that they have no low end. Obviously, that's not the case. Nice work.