Author Topic: Guild Pilot  (Read 1143 times)

warriorbass05

• View Profile
    • Bass Tunes
Guild Pilot
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »
Anybody have experience with these? Just got one that looks like it was made yesterday and it is a 1986...Pics to follow
Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses   www.spectorbass.com
 Bluesman Vintage Basses
www.bluesmanvintage.com

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Guild Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
I've messed around with a couple over the years while hanging out in stores. They go for almost nothing around here. I saw one recently for $275 w/case in a pawn shop. Looked like new. All of the model's I've tried all seemed well made and played fine.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
Had one for a while (actually the later DeArmond version).  Very nice bass, good player, nicely made.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
I've got one from around '86.  Very nice instrument and even though it has the EMG's, it still sounds pretty good.  Very versatile in the tone department.  Only thing I don't like is the hockey-stick headstock, much prefer the more traditional look that was used on other Pilot models.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
I played Pilots from around 1988 to 2000. A 4 and a flame maple 5. I always loved the necks, and I was way into EMGs for a long time. Basically a "Super J Bass". Or as some have called them - poor man's Sadowsky. Some fine tuning of the frets and a good setup is all they need to be every bit as good as some much much more expensive basses. And yes, you can get even the older USA (pre-DeArmond) ones for next to nothing.

I still have my 5 string. It's actually the one and only 5 string I've ever owned. I had replaced the bridge J pup with a 40DC dual coil and added a EMG BTS pre-amp. vol/blend/stacked bass/treble. It now has Duncan passive pups and no pre. Here's an older pic.

warriorbass05

• View Profile
    • Bass Tunes
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
This one's mint and has the OG case etc...I think it will be traded for something..I am not liking it as I thought I would...
Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses   www.spectorbass.com
 Bluesman Vintage Basses
www.bluesmanvintage.com