Author Topic: Great to see those Americans supporting an old Celtic tradition...  (Read 1476 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween people...

Hopefully the weather over east is not being too harsh and ruining the festivities...

The busiest our door has ever been this evening... loads of kids tricortreating...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Great to see those Americans supporting an old Celtic tradition...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
in texas  a church decided to change the name to jesus ween! doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:35:43 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
 I'm all for a little pagan fun! Happy Halloween!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »

We had a great Halloween on 10/29!

I am ever the clown onstage  ;)
One of 8 that a friend shot

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:54:49 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »
Mark trick or treats as the boy next door... ;D
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

fur85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
Mark, you rock!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
I played that cut for my bass playing office partner - she agreed that The Nasty Habits seriously rock!  She also liked Mark's hair and bass.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:39:20 AM »
Me and the Mrs. in "mostly dead" mode...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
We had a great Halloween on 10/29!

I am ever the clown onstage  ;)
One of 8 that a friend shot

Mark, did I really see you use the tone knob in the middle of the song?  :o :o :o That is ultimate gayishness, the gayest part in the whole vid.  :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: Listen up, real men don't fidget with a knob to make a sound. Well, thinking better of it, sometinmes they do, but not here.  :-X

Great clip btw with supple - no, not subtle, this is a Nasty Habits gig after all - TBird Boutiquebird wielding!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »

My Royal  :gay: ness is shamed by your post Herr Moderator! You're of course correct about the knob fiddling, it's best accomplished in private!
 My reason for doing so however was me, trying to get a bit better tone from my IEM's - Which tone knob twiddling mid-song did not accomplish  :sad:

More to this show in another post.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »
You girls use IEM? Does that work with that type of - dare I say raunchy? - rock'n'roll? The backing vocals were certainly spot on. And the IEM is so prominent that you can't hear your bass rig in the melée???
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »
You girls use IEM? Does that work with that type of - dare I say raunchy? - rock'n'roll? The backing vocals were certainly spot on. And the IEM is so prominent that you can't hear your bass rig in the melée???

They work really well! I'm trying to save what's left of my hearing too. At this particular venue I don't work my rig evry hard at all - the input and master were both just barely past 9 the FOH guys don't really need my stage volume up so I get the amp and bass to sound good at low volume and let them do the rest. The IEM has separate input feeds for the band and the bass so I can "mix" my own in ear sound. The part that's difficult is remembering that what you hear in your ears is not what the crowd hears at all as bass reproduction in most IEM's isn't great. Unfortunately the knob twiddling on the bass does nothing for the IEM's tone, a completely stupid move on my part - and my tone was fine, even on this less than pefect vid....

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
I've been using IEMs for about a year now. LOVE them! I was a skeptic, and even heard people say "you're a bass player? You won't like them". BS... My buds are Shure SE425 dual drivers. Sounds like heaven. We have our own monitor board and splitter snake on stage so everyone can do their own mix. As for hearing my rig... I recently played a show where I was halfway through the second set before I realized my amp wasn't on.  :o We like the rumble though, so I still always carry an amp.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
I thought knob twiddling (in the tone adjusting sense) was a guitarist thing. After every phrase of a solo usually. Gives them an air of searching for perfection, even though it makes no difference at all.

(Great videos, all of them.)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
With halloween I was dressed as Super Grover (offcourse). Is he called like that in the US too? The blue, fluuffy Sesame Street Super Hero?

A female friend of mine was dressed like me and it was scary. She looked too good... But she was wearing I dress. So there was a Chris in dress there and it wasn't me).