Author Topic: Scott of Thunder reports about his new fosterchild oversize LP Goldtop here!!!  (Read 3318 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
We are in eager anticipation ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
On second thought, you won't do anything rash with the cutaway, will you?  :-\

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

I'm pretty interested to hear about this bass, there may be a black one in my future.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
I'm still drooling over the Gold Top................. getting GASsy also........... :P
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
If the neck isn't a tree trunk, I might be interested!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Subscribed. Excellent choice color wise.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Scott will have to manage expectations here ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

???  Guess I'll go trim my poodle while I wait  :gay:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 This is a big beautiful bass, I am very impressed with it. While the EB11 that I shipped off to Uwe is very cool it is really nothing more than a SG bass with a different body. The chambered LP is  a different animal for previous LP editions.I played it only for a short while unplugged at the HOG. Even with the chambered body it does have some weight to it. The gold top with the mahogany back is the definition of style and class. I found the neck very comfortable. The bass has excellent  access to the upper register, no band saw needed ;). More to come when I have it back at the Ponderosa.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
No photos?

Oh, a WISE guy!!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
always loved goldtops.  the one on my Casady is very nice and it sound spretty good.  just a big diver even with a suede strap
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Barklessdog

• View Profile
This is a big beautiful bass, I am very impressed with it. While the EB11 that I shipped off to Uwe is very cool it is really nothing more than a SG bass with a different body. The chambered LP is  a different animal for previous LP editions.I played it only for a short while unplugged at the HOG. Even with the chambered body it does have some weight to it. The gold top with the mahogany back is the definition of style and class. I found the neck very comfortable. The bass has excellent  access to the upper register, no band saw needed ;). More to come when I have it back at the Ponderosa.

Come on Scott, come to the Bright side!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
 Sorry no pics till I pick it up early next week. I would love one of these, not in the cards right now.

Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
I'll be interested to see how this one stacks up against Uwe's BFG Bass that I auditioned a year or so ago. I loved that one and this one is even better looking....
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
In truth, I'm not so hell-bent for Goldtops at all, but with a Paula it's a classic combo and I have most other classic fins on LPs already.