Author Topic: Bucharest, Romania  (Read 2081 times)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
Re: Bucharest, Romania
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »
"Damn that's a big house. Maybe he had a large guitar kollekshun and needed all that space."
Well, I tell you, some of you folks here helps making  life worth living! The Marx Brothers seems just like a bunch of comedians compared to you!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
Karl Marx...? ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 05:17:57 AM »
I'm in a nice cafe now in the historic center town. A young band is playing Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) and the waiter has just brougt my risotto...

Dave: no manky guitars. Just a boring typical guitar store, no used/old/vintage guitars.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
Maybe they just meant to say many guitars.

I was wondering they might have any Soviet era basses. They probably want to forget about that.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
Looks like a fascinating trip Ilan. I've done a few trips to Russia and the former Soviet satellites but never been to Romania.
Digresion our specialty!

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
Got back home today. On Saturday I toured the city all day, some places (especially the charming parks) reminded me of my childhood in the 60's- early 70's. In other respects it's a modern European city.

I asked about Soviet era east-European guitars, but they don't want to be reminded of them, and had a hard time understanding why I considered them cool/quirky. For them it's kindling.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
I asked about Soviet era east-European guitars, but they don't want to be reminded of them, and had a hard time understanding why I considered them cool/quirky. For them it's kindling.

Sounds like wisdom has come to them.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Muddslide

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 01:20:47 AM »
I got to spend a couple of weeks in Romania with my wife and kids back in 2003, but we were in the north. Mostly Brasov and Sibiu, but we went to Sigisoara for a coupel of days. Never got to see Bucharest.

I really loved it. Brasov was a great town, but very Westernized. The women were unbelievably beautiful.