Author Topic: ugly bassplayer pics  (Read 1064 times)

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
ugly bassplayer pics
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »
some pictures from saturdays gig with one of my groups.  warning some mold involved

my engagement gift.  my wife got her ring and told me to order another bass from Fodera  - which was (is) my 5th.  Back in 1985 they were "reasonably priced - $1600 with my sales rep discount)    Spaulted sycamore over walnut body,  ebony fretboard with abalone inlays.  Black hardware. Hipshot.  just an awesome bass

to think i had a pony tail and 28" waist at my first gig at 15 back in 1972

tough to see but a rack with 2 ampeg  heads and tuner in it sitting on an avatar 2 - 12 cabinet.  great small venue rig....

my baby up close

Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: ugly bassplayer pics
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
At least you looked like you were having fun... and remember, rust mold never sleeps... ;)

Nice looking beastie...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:53:23 PM »
I love that so many of us not only still get to play at something we've loved for so long but that we've found a group of guys from all over that knows exactly how good it feels to do so. It's not like many other people understand.  ;)

Nice bass, mold or not  ;D

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
I love that so many of us not only still get to play at something we've loved for so long but that we've found a group of guys from all over that knows exactly how good it feels to do so. It's not like many other people understand.  ;)

Nice bass, mold or not  ;D

+1
Digresion our specialty!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
+100
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:48:13 AM »
Hey, we old farts know what that music is SUPPOSED to sound like, and we ain't done till we say we're done.  People come out and enjoy it, so we can keep on keepin' on!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
Hey, we old farts know what that music is SUPPOSED to sound like, and we ain't done till we say we're done.  People come out and enjoy it, so we can keep on keepin' on!

hear hear
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 09:28:29 AM »

Everybody is having fun making music  :)

One of life's greatest joys.

We always rehearse at my house and I love it, making music with my friends (my bandmates are very close and I truly love them) is something I just treasure. 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...