Author Topic: Gig Pic from 11/25/10  (Read 2021 times)

Hornisse

Gig Pic from 11/25/10
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »
Our lead guitarist's girlfriend was at the gig and she took some cool pics.  I thought I'd post one of them.  On the down side it was a smoking (literally) club so I reeked when I got home.  Had to leave my clothes at the front door and hit the shower at 3 a.m.

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
Re: Gig Pic from 11/25/10
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »
That's a rock and roll pic! 
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »
(cough) Ahh... shades of the old days, when the air was thick with smoke, cans flew through the air, your shoes stuck to the floor, and political correctness was a politician being admonished... (/cough)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
that pic reminds me of nearly every gig i ever played. fond memories.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

rockinrayduke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
I hate smelling like the club, gets into your hair, your clothes, your gear. We play a BBQ place that has you reeking of BBQ by the end of the night.

That may not necessarily be a bad thing though.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
I hate smelling like the club, gets into your hair, your clothes, your gear. We play a BBQ place that has you reeking of BBQ by the end of the night.

It's only bad if you don't get to chow down on the BBQ as well.  Loooove it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

I really don't miss the smokey clubs! Here in Washington you can't smoke indoors at all (except your own home and on Indian land) it's nice to come from a night out or playing a show and just reek of sweat!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

Hell, that's high end cologne in some parts of Texas! ;D  Of course the ladies you attract with that scent might really hurt you..bad ;)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:24 AM »
Cool pic, Robert!
Mark, since the beginning of this year, smoking in bars is not allowed in NC either, so when I get home I no longer have to banish my clothes to the basement or porch!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »
Cool pic, Robert!
Mark, since the beginning of this year, smoking in bars is not allowed in NC either, so when I get home I no longer have to banish my clothes to the basement or porch!

Clothes are easy! A $200.00 wig that reeks is quite another - even tho I occasionally bum a smoke from our drummer after rehearsal, I hate the smell ciggies leave behind!
When that law was passed here all the bar owners thought they'd lose $$$, nothing changed - if anything it's better.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
When I left Australia in 2005 to live in Indonesia the no-smoking in pubs/bars/clubs thing in Australia had been in place for around 2 years - I was so glad about that, for the reasons others have mentioned.  But then I found myself gigging in bars in Jakarta where smoking was still allowed - talk about back to the future.

Now that I'm back in Australia again I don't miss the smoky venues, especially now that I have a $300 wig :-)
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
As a lifelong non smoker I have no love lost for smoky rooms.
Digresion our specialty!

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
i too have never been a smoker.some of the pubs and venues in london were a bit of a challenge for me when i was living there,although thats changed now hasnt it?
Louder bass!.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:13 AM »
(cough) 20 years a guilty party but 20 years of (relatively) clean living now (/cough)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...