Author Topic: A Squirrel Tale  (Read 4087 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
A Squirrel Tale
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
This seems to be about 7 or 8 years old so some of you may have seen it before. I just came across it today: Squirrel From Hell

I suspect it's ever-so-slightly exaggerated.  ;)  Still fun.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: A Squirrel Tale
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »
They bite like a sewing machine (try to imagine putting your finger through one - personal experience here, squirrel style)

If they get loose (or stuck) in an enclosed space they do a pretty impressive wall of death move, and only a fool would try and catch one by the tail...!

The only safe way to hold them is in a cage...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:32:59 AM »
How could I have missed this tail of woe?

My dog caught a squirrel, he does not know how to kill, so he was playing with it. The squirrel bit him up, Left a huge gash in his nose. Covered in his own blood he comes in the house and lays on our white rug, growling at anyone that tries to come near him. Did he learn a lesson?

Of coarse not!

Our other dog is the opposite, she kills animals instantly, then gobbles them up. It was funny, the other day she caught a juvenile rabbit, caught it, crushed its neck straight out, the rabbit was still somewhat alive, so she goes back and finishes it off with our other dog watching. After she delivered the death bite, she walked away then the other dog came up and bit the rabbit. Then she tried to gobble it down, but I was able to get it away from her.

I try to stop them but it happens so fast, you just cant catch them. Still is almost beautiful watching her hunt & kill. Like a car accident everything is like slow motion. No anger, no playing, its so primal - hunt, kill & eat

Anyone see the Monkey in Toy Story 3 ?

That was scary!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »
Not out here yet...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
http://youbentmywookie.com/reviews/toy-story-3-movie-review-9273

However, nothing was scarier to me than THAT FREAKING MONKEY!!! I am convinced the writers of Toy Story 3 got the idea of using this particular toy from Stephen King’s story “The Monkey.”

Come on. Take a look at the two and tell me THERE IS NO COINCIDENCE THEY BOTH LOOK POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL!

In the Stephen King story, Murderous Monkey kills a nearby living thing when it crashes its cymbals together. In Toy Story 3, Maniacal Monkey sounds the alarm and sends any escaping toy back to….back to….hm….the movie never really said where those toys went after they were caught and we don’t see them any more either. Perhaps Chucky….I mean….Big Baby sent them off to the big Toy Box In The Sky if you know what I mean. Off with their heads!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
What's wrong with letting the dog eat a wild healthy rabbit? Not an endangered species and he worked hard to get it!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
Same problem as with letting your cat eat a mouse or lizard - the animal is not used to the predatory diet and they tend to puke it back up in places where it does the most damage ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »
Same problem as with letting your cat eat a mouse or lizard - the animal is not used to the predatory diet and they tend to puke it back up in places where it does the most damage ;)

Dogs always puke where it will show the most damage. Even if you only have one square yard of carpet in your house, that's where the dog will choose to throw up. It must be some sort of unwritten doggie rule.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
What's wrong with letting the dog eat a wild healthy rabbit? Not an endangered species and he worked hard to get it!

Nothin wrong at all, in fact let him eat 5. If he pukes it up on the back lawn a quick splash with the hose and she's apples. The best part is that the rabbit/s still dead.
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
Dogs always puke where it will show the most damage. Even if you only have one square yard of carpet in your house, that's where the dog will choose to throw up. It must be some sort of unwritten doggie rule.

This is true.  I have a story involving:

1) The grease bucket that catches drippage from my back-yard smoker
2) Our small and lovable but totally useless dog Max, and;
3) Our bedroom carpet.

You don't wanna know the rest....except that the PETCO here sells some carpet stuff called Nature's Miracle that I now swear by.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »
Our dogs eat their puke, so they are self cleaning, heck they will eat anyones puke. It does stain though depending on what they ate. Our dog eats baby birds like gummy worms. We nick named her "Hoover".

Kisses anyone?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »
Hershey's...? my wife's fave...

We're dog sitting at the moment...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
I think the grosser it is the more they enjoy eating it in front of you, probably to see the look of disgust on you.

My dog also has the knack of choosing to poop in people's yards when the owner is out, or their dog is in the window watching.

On vacation I happened on a "Horse Pull" . These horses were more like elephants- solid muscle. During the pull the ground would shake as these giants dug in. A team pulls up to 13,000 pounds on a little sled in the dirt. Hope the dog you're watching is not large.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »
Those guys remind me of the Clydesdales used by Budweiser to pull their wagons.  We have a local plant and toured last week - those horses weigh over a ton and stand more than 6 feet at the shoulder.

Draft horses of whatever breed are truly impressive!!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
This is true.  I have a story involving:

1) The grease bucket that catches drippage from my back-yard smoker
2) Our small and lovable but totally useless dog Max, and;
3) Our bedroom carpet.

You don't wanna know the rest....except that the PETCO here sells some carpet stuff called Nature's Miracle that I now swear by.

Yes, where would we be without Nature's Miracle? The alternatives I've tried over the years all discolor the carpet.