Author Topic: I more than kinda want this...  (Read 13488 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: I more than kinda want this...
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Meat panties - what a comforting thought. I really would like mine rare.

;)

My, my we're coming along nicely now.......................

I will drag you all down  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »
Great news about that sweet bass Denis.  Kind of a rare beast too.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.brooksbassguitars.com
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2010, 11:56:03 PM »

I will drag you all down  ;D

That's what drag queens do

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 02:28:43 AM »
Especially those with nasty habits.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 04:42:15 AM »
Especially those with nasty habits.

Speaking of nasty habits, a band called Nasty Habits is opening for The Red Elvises tonight at the Pour House. I thought, what the hell is Mark doing in NC? Then I did a search and realized that of all the bands calling themselves "Nasty Habits" only his is "THE Nasty Habits".

Great news about that sweet bass Denis.  Kind of a rare beast too.

Thanks! I'm definitely relieved! Plus, my luthier is doing it at home on the side, so it may cost less. :) Because of the damage I haven't really gotten to play it because I didn't want to compound any problems. Can't wait to try her out!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
Speaking of nasty habits, a band called Nasty Habits is opening for The Red Elvises tonight at the Pour House. I thought, what the hell is Mark doing in NC? Then I did a search and realized that of all the bands calling themselves "Nasty Habits" only his is "THE Nasty Habits".

I've seen a Youtube or two of those guys................. :bored:    They don't look like they have any Nasty Habits  8)

Here's a review from "The Stranger" Seattle's alt newspaper of a recent show we did with Burning Hearts Burlresque......... The terms "epic" and "unhinged dance party" make me  ;D

Since then, Burning Hearts has popped up at the Miss Exotic World competition, masterminded a wrestling tent at an early Capitol Hill Block Party, and stripped in the sun at Lollapalooza. Its monthly revue at Club Motor, Bad Motor Booty, is a deeply weird rock 'n' roll variety show just across the street from the Seattle docks and their looming cargo cranes. Inside the club—with its concrete and chicken-wire decor—you can swill a beer and eat pepperoni sticks while catching some surprisingly decent singers, down and dirty burlesque, and a little perilous-looking aerial work. The epic, transgender '80s cover band the Nasty Habits turned the room into an unhinged dance party after the girls took their bows and the rough-looking roadhouse crowd danced in harmony with the trannies. Bad Motor Booty, much like its producer, is a brash, frenetic mishmash of rock and camp—renegade burlesque at its grittiest.

And I played the Green '76, it rarely goes out as I'm trying to keep it looking sharp - but they all gotta earn their keep.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:29:20 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
There was even an early 80's Austin band called The Nasty Habits.  We used to rehearse near them.  They had a record out too.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
I wish it was ANY of THOSE Nasty Habits.  :P

This band played newish country music, except for a Johnny Cash standard which garnered few dancers among the drunken old country women. Those guys may have been really good musicians but I really do not like new country music. I blame Alabama.
Clocks.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »

Ummm............yeah, the "other" Nasty Habits Youtube stuff is....well, I won't say.

Personally I do like country music, my father loved it and I have many a fond memory of riding in his 1969 GMC pickup listening to KAYO 1150 and Johnny Cash.
New Country well, I did like that YT some one posted of Keith Urban playing his Les Paul Bass - that was cool!  8) 

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »
i hadnt noticed the green around the headstock on your 76 there mark.it looks very cool.
Louder bass!.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 05:34:51 AM »
Ummm............yeah, the "other" Nasty Habits Youtube stuff is....well, I won't say.
 Personally I do like country music, my father loved it and I have many a fond memory of riding in his 1969 GMC pickup listening to KAYO 1150 and Johnny Cash.
New Country well, I did like that YT some one posted of Keith Urban playing his Les Paul Bass - that was cool!  8) 

I like country music too but not bad country music (Garth Brooks, for instance and most of what is "popular" today).

On a positive note, I dropped the T-bird off for the repair on Saturday!
Clocks.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:06 AM »
Concerning country: I was really fond of The Grateful Dead and The New Riders of The Purple Sage and their versiions of country. They both had great bass players, Phil Lesh is up there with John Entwhistle in my universe.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »
I listen to country a lot, but 98% of it is pre-1970. There's still good music being made today, you just have to look harder for it. Things got watered down a long time before Garth Brooks.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 07:51:19 AM »
Credit where credit's due: Herr Brooks wrote a tune or two:

And he can do credible Paul Stanley (who looks genuinely proud at Brooks putting so much, perhaps a little too much in it)  impersonations:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Not bad, just not what I'd call country.