Author Topic: Source for Fender blue, white and silver grill cloth for Silverface?  (Read 1338 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
A buddy of mine is building a cabinet and is looking for standard Fender blue, white and silver grill cloth but that catch is he needs a piece at least 48" h x 36" wide. Anyone know a good source?
Thanks!

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: Source for Fender blue, white and silver grill cloth for Silverface?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:00:52 PM »
try this guy:

http://myworld.ebay.com/busmc/

i bought some blue white and silver fender cloth from him last November
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Another vote for mojotone. I bought some oxblood w/gold stripe from them a few years back to do my old Gibson Atlas. Gibson used the same cloth as Fender back in the day.
Rick

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:09 AM »
Turns out my buddy HAD bought grill cloth from MojoTone but the width he bought for his application wasn't enough. In order to put it on the grill frame he has he would have had to rotate the cloth giving it a sideways appearance. Apparently they offer a wider size but there's a minimum order of 5 sq yards at $50/yd. I should have asked if anyone knows a place which doesn't have such a large minimum order.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 01:59:52 PM »
the dude on ebay that i listed sells 36" wide in 1 yard lengths or running yards if you order more than one yard. check him out @ 19 dollars a yard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Blue-White-Silver-Grill-Cloth_W0QQitemZ380083289633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item587ebabe21

check and make sure first though as he also sells the tourquoise cloth and they are close in appearence but not the same and be sure to ask about the "running yard" thing too.

sometimes Mojo is good and sometimes to paraphrase "Rain Man" they suck.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:45:07 PM by sniper dog »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW