Author Topic: Hiwatt fun!  (Read 8025 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Hiwatt fun!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »

Trust me on this Dave.................It's way better than Nebraska. I've been to your neck of the woods several times.  ;)

My daughters have been to both eastern and western Washington, and would gladly return at any excuse.

They have driven across Nebraska once, and refuse to do so again.

One may draw ones' own conclusions.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 01:39:51 PM »
Let it be known: I am not from Nebraska, but the much better (by comparison) Iowa. I only live in Omaha which happens to be a big city on the eastern border of Nebraska, there's nothing on the west end.

Either way, I'd give this up to live with a good looking lady who has plenty of Thunderbirds, a fetish for chrome, and a soon to be new Reeves waiting for me...
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »

Aww..............man!   Thanks Dave.

You guys say the nicest things  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
You know Mark, the one thing that Nebraska has is The Max:

Might be NSFW:
www.themaxomaha.com

I'm not sure of your personal tastes, but it is a fun and very interesting time. I swear I've only been there once...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:50:31 PM by bassvirtuoso »
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »
The Fraulein has a new man in her life...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
The Fraulein has a new man in her life...  ;)

I do still have the soup tureen that I bought as gift for her nuptuals when she was engaged to "Dirk Pounder" over across the pond ;D  Maybe she'll get her wedding gift after all :P

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 12:37:12 AM »
I'm quite happy with my modern Hiwatt DR201. Guys on amp forums all hate 'new' Hiwatts, except guys who are using them. There's a guy in a Who coverband who has a lot of old ones and always use new ones for gigs...

You can drop by and try my Hiwatt anytime, Mark;)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »
I'm quite happy with my modern Hiwatt DR201. Guys on amp forums all hate 'new' Hiwatts, except guys who are using them. There's a guy in a Who coverband who has a lot of old ones and always use new ones for gigs...

You can drop by and try my Hiwatt anytime, Mark;)

Always so thoughtful, schatz   ;)
I may take you up on it.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »

I have to say after looking at that Reeves that I'm quite impressed! Since I doubt Lull will sell the Hiwatt it may be the choice, plus it's 200 watts and has a DI.

I'm amp horny  ;D
My Slade Hiwatt has a DI that was done by Slade's Tech Charlie Hayden. For live situations it has been a godsend !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
I'm quite happy with my modern Hiwatt DR201. Guys on amp forums all hate 'new' Hiwatts, except guys who are using them.

No hate on my part, just passing along what I've heard more than few times: the new ones, especially the 405's, are horribly unreliable. I got that directly from guys who had them crap out on them, not secondhand. The bass player from the Killers was not one of those guys, but I heard what I said about his use of the 405's from more than one other person, including an amp tech whose band had shared a bill with them.  If the new Hiwatt 201's are good, that's cool. According to Bass Player magazine, new 201's are what he's using now instead.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:35:43 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »