Author Topic: Happy New years guys  (Read 2885 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Happy New years guys
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »

Best wishes for the new year to you all  :)
Digresion our specialty!

Hornisse

Re: Happy New years guys
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Hope everyone has a great year ahead!  This is the first time in 7 years I'm not playing on NYE.  Great to be at home with the family!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »
Happy new year to all of you guys ! At home right now 5 min before the ball drops, missus asleep on the couch and i am waiting for a call from our daughter to pick her up from her friends house, doesn't get any better !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »
I stayed in (again).

Happy New Year to all.  :toast:

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »
I spent the evening painting my color correction bay/studio in the basement. Once I got the kids to bed. Nothing much gets done with a 4 and 2 year old 'helping' you!  ;)

Happy New Year guys and (from my perspective) here's hoping 2010 is a much better year. Though I really can't complain too much. My kids and I are healthy and my wife is doing better than she was, so '09 wasn't all bad!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 12:03:26 AM »
I have spent the night fighting a cold that I got from someone on Christmas. It is coming to an end but it has just been annoying these past couple of days. Seeing as it is only 11 here at the time of this post, I am hoping some of my friends get back to play some games on Xbox Live before the end of the night.

You do color correction work George?
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 12:21:53 AM »
whoo hoo HAPPY NEW YEARS !!! 2010 IS GONNA ROCK. I'M KINDA DRUNK STILL.GOOD NIGHT
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 12:22:52 AM »
You do color correction work George?

Yup. From 1995 until earlier this year I worked for various post production facilities in LA and NYC. I got laid off amid all the changes in the industry (due to the strikes and threatened strikes a LOT of people did). Things have changed so much in post that I don't know if there will ever be the availability of colorist jobs again, so I'm building a Final Cut/Apple Color bay and will try to work independently on smaller indy projects and local advertising campaigns (I'm in Utah now). I don't know yet whether it will work, but I'm going to give it a go!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
Yup. From 1995 until earlier this year I worked for various post production facilities in LA and NYC. I got laid off amid all the changes in the industry (due to the strikes and threatened strikes a LOT of people did). Things have changed so much in post that I don't know if there will ever be the availability of colorist jobs again, so I'm building a Final Cut/Apple Color bay and will try to work independently on smaller indy projects and local advertising campaigns (I'm in Utah now). I don't know yet whether it will work, but I'm going to give it a go!
Good luck with that. I just started at a tech school out here to get a BA in Visual Effects and Digital Media as I have been focusing on that area for the past few years and one can only learn so much on their own at times. I originally thought about being an editor but my focus shifted and now I am considering different areas of vfx including matte painting. To go with that, I have been doing some motion graphics work over the past couple years for a small company out here in Venice.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 08:27:44 AM »
Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands ! Bests of luck to you George ! I have been in much the same position since 2004, I am now "doing my own thing" and loving it, I already have work through March. Envision it and it will be.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
Happy New Year and good luck to one and all... been on call-out so doing my celebrating tonight...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »
Happy New Years guys!  I fell asleep in my chair before 11:00 last night - no more wild nights for me :)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
My wife and I went out for Chinese food (her pick-nice place), then to a late showing of the Sherlock Holmes movie (not bad, probably worth a sequel if they want) and then listened to the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert on NPR roll past midnight as we drove home.

My best to all here - a very convivial group, and a pleasure to know!

Hey George, I started in radio & TV, got advanced degrees in adult education, but recently came full circle to managing all the technologies other than our website for our continuing education division at Colorado State U.  I'm back to producing video promos and online materials - this time in digital formats rather than analog.  Last time I did video production was 1998 at Texas A&M...and we were just moving from analog to digital.  This time I booted my learning curve upward into the digital side, bought video and editing gear, and I'm learning OJT as the "sole authority".

Learning the digital side while producing video is a whole new gig, and it's funny how it can take hours or days to figure out how to do a process that requires only a minute or two.  I've had plenty of road blocks but worked through them.

I hope that your project is a success - I've heard a lot about small firms that do specialized work and can do well at it.  I wish you the best.

Here's hoping for a great 2010 for all!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »
Hope everyone has a great 2010!! Best of luck to anyone here that is stepping out into the unknown with new projects.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »

Happy New Year guys!

The Nasty Habits took NYE off but we headline on Saturday here in Seattle, I spent the eve out with some of my bandmates and g/f at dinner and dancing to Goth music  8)

A little show poster.....

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...