Author Topic: NAMM 2010  (Read 6755 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: NAMM 2010
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »
BTW - Ive got a new product debuting at Musikmesse in March. It's a shock-mount rack with pocket doors that conforms to both Euro and US truck pack dimensions and has rigging hardware so it can be flown with the speakers in an array system. Took me MONTHS to make it all work. I swear, I almost quit my job over this thing, but we landed the gig. It's part of a package that will be sold through Crown with 3 power amps and custom in/out panels called the "V-Rack" that will go with the JBL Vertec series speakers. Wish me luck, 2009 nearly sank the company. End of thread hijack.....  ;D

Yeah! Good luck with that & maybe we'll see ya at NAMM next year!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
Ugh... tell me about it. The product and service kick ass, but we suck at marketing. My hands are tied in that area. Thanks guys!

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
Countdown! Just 3 days to go!!!  :mrgreen:

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 04:48:30 PM »
Found out yesterday that the couple who runs a guitar store in Florida who usually get me an' my buds in ain't comin' out this year after all!
I'm GUTTED. :(
Gonna go & hang out on the outskirts at least. May slide in somehow, we'll see....
FLAMETAL will be performing outside at the John Lennon stage at noon on Friday.
I'll be there! I'm sure I'll see some other good shows & I'll be participating in the Drum Circle, led by my friend Arthur Hull.
All the stars will be in the Hilton bar at sometime or other. I'll hang out there a bit tooo

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
Have fun, and good luck...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Booth # 4242 ...
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 09:39:17 PM »
... is where Gibson will be "partnering" with Monster Cable at Winter NAMM 2010. It says so on the official Gibson website. And the way they trumpet Monster Cable's case there makes you wonder whether Gibson is going piggy-back with Monster Cable and not the other way around. Maybe a sensible way to save money. Maybe desperation. Maybe Monster Cable is buying Gibson?!!!

They mention that the Grabber will be "introduced" at NAMM so they might turn it into a regular model again - deservedly so me thinks judging from the ltd ed I have. It sounds best with a Monster Cable too ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
Too bad. Monster Cable execs and their attorneys ought to be chained to a dungeon wall upside down. Let's hope it's only a cooperation for the show.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Saw FLAMETAL at noon & ogled Angeline their AWESOME bassplayer who lookks as good as she plays!!
My bud Rick flew in from Hawaii as usual & he confirmed what Uwe said that Gibson has a tiny booth shared with Monster cable.
He said Gibson also has an upper floor booth FOR BUYERS ONLY!!!!
Got a truckload of free magazines so I have plenty of reading material for the year....
Going back for the Drum Circle from 5:45 --- 7pm this evening & may see Uli Jon Roth tonight at the Grove, one of the many satellite shows.
They're checking everyone's ID so I ain't even trying to slide in. Oh well.
A lot of the space is roped off & not being used this year.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
Can't wait for the NAMM pics on Gibson's official site then. Somehow, they'll manage to make that small booth look large. Monster Cable. That is like Mercedes sharing a booth at the Detroit Auto show with Bosch, the German spark plug maker (and other auto related electrical components).

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
They do have the buyers-only booth upstairs. But this does sound like downsizing to me. At both the summer shows I attended in Austin, they had a big public booth with lots of product (except basses :sad: ) and listening stations.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »
Well, I prefer them saving money this way rather than laying even more people off.

Maybe, if we put up a fund here we could carve out their bass business? You could be CFO, Dave, and I'll head the marketing department!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
You may be on to something. For the right price, one could probably buy the right to use the Gibson name for basses. Then all we'd have to do is manufacture them. Maybe find some empty factory in Kalamazoo....

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
Can I volunteer to be QC - just send them all here for me to approve...  :P
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
The investment really wouldn't be that much - especially now with tooling be sold off at firesale prices.  For that matter you could source material and have the shells done oversears, bodies/neck/fingerboards/frets, do the elctronics, hardware, finish, and final setup here.  A good setup and using a Plek machine would make for a great product.

Just tossing this out in case a certain overseas barrister would care to start a little side bidness......   ;D

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
Buzz, be careful what you wish for, that certain overseas barrister would probably produce low-priced teaser models with plastic pickups and black hardware then double the prices for chrome.