Author Topic: Marshall bass amps  (Read 5998 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Marshall bass amps
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
I realize a lot of folks jumped on the Markbass bandwagon, not I. Talk about being underwhelmed.

I've not tried the Markbass series, but the Genz-Benz shuttles blew me out of my socks.

And in about 36 hours, I'll be able to use my new Genz-Benz gear!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
The Shuttles are horses of a different feather entirely. Good amps.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
...and may or may not continue to function after its warranty expires with 450 very 'quiet' watts.

I hadn't heard of high failure rates with Markbass?? Certainly would make bright doorstop or paperweight.  What else would you recomend in the light/class D type amps?

Any track record on the new Marshall stuff?

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »
I hadn't heard of high failure rates with Markbass??

They spend alot of money, both online and in print, so that you don't.  If their QC was half what their PR is, they'd be the best amps in the world. Their failure rates are not spectacularly high, but they ARE higher than they are touted and higher than should be acceptable. Another dirty little secret about ALL the new switching amps is that they are disposable. Big problems can be repaired, but at near or more than the cost of a new one. They also have about half or less the lifespan of a normal s/s amp under optimal conditions; I don't like that.

Certainly would make bright doorstop or paperweight.  What else would you recomend in the light/class D type amps?

...the aforementioned Genz Benz Shuttles.

Any track record on the new Marshall stuff?

...none that I'm aware of.
 Bass players just don't buy new Marshalls.