Author Topic: very nice sunburst RD Artist with added humour from seller  (Read 2759 times)

pamlicojack

• View Profile
Re: very nice sunburst RD Artist with added humour from seller
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
Waaaay overpriced.  I sold mine to George for less than $1000...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
which are nothing but baaad news (IMO)

I bought mine new and only had a problem once with them in 20+ years. They just need to be bent a bit to make better contact.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »
A few years back I bought a NOS circuit on eBay, don't think it cost much more than twenty bucks... ;D
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »
The less said about the problems I had with the Moog junk (did I say junk...? oh yes, I did...! and those multi-leaf switches that keep jamming, and how dumb can you get to position them behind the bridge where they are really easy to get to when you are playing) the better...

The pups running passively are gorgeous, both in the bridge position, one in the RD, the other in the PCTB...

Bought mine new in '79... now slightly abused, but in line for a nice refin... (or Uwe will annexe my shed!)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 04:47:56 PM »
An island folk responsible for "Lucas Electrics - King of Darkness" should perhaps be a bit more reticent in its criticism of the speactacular RD electronics? Which were crafted in Peenemünde by Wernher von Braun ... a historical secret my bosom has treasured for too long. 
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »
IIRC, Uwe says the Victory is heavier than the RD, by a pound or 2... Denis was on about the "longest" bass... what tops an Ovation...?

My Victory is pretty heavy all right but maybe because it balances well it doesn't FEEL as heavy as the Ripper, which is all weight in the arse. I keep meaning to weigh them and compare. I'd be curious to know what the RD weighs, unless I missed it in one of the posts.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
About 10lbs, but mine is missing the Moog and a bit of fin and a pup and three pots and the frets and the switches and the serial number burnt into the back in 2" high numbering (minor weight loss their, admittedly), and of course: no battery...

Uwe and Tony (Tubehead) were kind enough to send me some spares to help with the repairs, but Uwe insisted in some caveats, and for some odd reason the signature had to be in blood...? something the German Legal System insists on, apparently...

(still can't find the TRC)

Uwe knows only too well how us Brits are slowly (slowly...? who am I kidding...!?!?) going down the pan into true darkness whereas Von Braun truly thought Ad Astra...

Anyway, I wasn't being overtly critical about the Moog circuitry... If I honestly put my feelings over, Dave would have me black darklisted...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...