Author Topic: MySpace issues?  (Read 2321 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
MySpace issues?
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »
The past two days I've had trouble with MySpace, very slow loading, no pics or other graphics visible unless they're externally hosted. This is on two different computers and three different browsers. I haven't changed any settings recently. I've emptied my cache and tried a couple of other things, no luck. Anyone else having issues, or is it just me?

EDIT: younger son says no problems for him, so apparently it's just me. Any suggestions?

Hard to see how this could be my cable provider or a router issue since I don't have the problem on any other website I've visited this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:52:10 PM by Dave W »

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MySpace issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:58:27 PM »
I just tried it. Loaded really slow but I was able to see pictures hosted there.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:24:50 AM »
MySpace pages have always been slow - sometimes painfully so. Apparently, whatever model they used for creating it was/is notoriously clunky and inefficient. Most of the pages just plain look ugly as well.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:08:04 AM »
MySpace pages have always been slow - sometimes painfully so. Apparently, whatever model they used for creating it was/is notoriously clunky and inefficient. Most of the pages just plain look ugly as well.

I have always had these issues as well as music not loading a lot of the time.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »
My Mac was runnin' slow for awhile there but myspace has been loading fine.
How many people are on myspace now? Millions!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that has something to do with the multitude of problems there.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:29:54 AM »
Maybe MySpace has introduced an age limit?  :P
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 05:46:01 AM »
i have 3. 1 personal and 2 band pages,all 3 work fine.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 06:54:34 AM »
Strange. Now on this computer this morning it's halfway there, I can see front page photos but not graphics, not rendering properly on back pages. On the other computer, it's still like it was yesterday.

It used to be slow at peak use times, not recently.

Maybe MySpace has introduced an age limit?  :P

Larry Storch is on MySpace and he's 86. :P

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »
Over here, I have the viewpoint, if you want a decent chance of surfing, do it while America sleeps... :bored:

What's my space, anyway...?  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
In general I don't have any problem surfing at any time.

The only reason I joined MySpace was to see my sons' photos, back then you couldn't see anyone's pics unless you were a registered member. After I did, a few friends and bands found me, and that's how some of them keep in touch. That's why I've been trying to get through, to respond to a message.

According to what I've read, MySpace is really losing out now to Facebook. My younger son thinks I should join b/c that's where he posts his photos now. I don't see the point. Guess I'm not trendy enough.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 01:35:36 PM »
In general I don't have any problem surfing at any time.

The only reason I joined MySpace was to see my sons' photos, back then you couldn't see anyone's pics unless you were a registered member. After I did, a few friends and bands found me, and that's how some of them keep in touch. That's why I've been trying to get through, to respond to a message.

According to what I've read, MySpace is really losing out now to Facebook. My younger son thinks I should join b/c that's where he posts his photos now. I don't see the point. Guess I'm not trendy enough.

Facebook is more efficient, but I'm amazed at the minutiae that people feel the need to post. "Heading into the shower now to see if soap helps this rash I've got"
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
The only reason I joined MySpace was to see my sons' photos

That's the reason I originally joined Facebook- to see somebody's photos.  All this web 2.0 stuff starts out innocently enough, and then it spirals out of control!  It's actually cool that I reconnected a couple folks from my past that way - one in particular that I had a lot in common with, and come to find out still do.  But then there are all the other invites, long lost acquaintances, longer "catching up" email conversations...  I find it hard to have or make time to keep up with all of this, and then I'm riddled with guilt if a month or two goes by before I acknowledge someone's invite (I rarely sign in there).  I can keep up with a forum or two, and email... but beyond that is pushing it.

...at least until I get my telekinetic computer and AirCard implants  ;D

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
Could you possibly imagine how far my life would go down the tubes if I posted on MySpace or Facebook, or any other Bass site, or...  :o  :o  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »
Facebook is more efficient, but I'm amazed at the minutiae that people feel the need to post. "Heading into the shower now to see if soap helps this rash I've got"

I saw this the other day, I don't want to post it directly but just click the pic to enlarge and read: Facebook whoops  :o ;D

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
Ha ha! The sad thing is that could easily be legit...

I joined Facebook a while back but didn't do anything with it because it seemed kinda lame. Then about a year ago I was bored one day and started typing in names and found a bunch of old friends and relatives I hadn't seen in ages. The thing I like more about it is the whole setup seems tailor made for keeping in touch easily. I could do without all the lame games and applications, but it's easy enough to block them and then you're able to see just what you want to. It's a worse time waster than any guitar site though. At least here we learn something now and then!