Author Topic: 100 A**hole degrees today and my band rehearsed.  (Read 1015 times)

Blazer

100 A**hole degrees today and my band rehearsed.
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »
Well it's nearly June so it's not that surprising that summer temperatures are coming again and today we found out that our rehearsal space isn't really that suited for rehearsing with that kind of temps.

But let's go back six months, after rehearsing at the "Muziek Gieterij" for over two years and enduring ongoing bullying during that time, we were falsely accused of theft and shown the door. Now the space at the "Muziek Gieterij" where we used to rehearse was awesome, full Marshall stacks, Ampeg Bass amps and the room itself was forty by forty foot which was properly heated during winter and properly air conditioned during summer, it was paradise.

So after we got booted out of the "Muziek Gieterij" we found a place to rehearse elsewhere which is a small building that doesn't even have a second story and a flat roof. The rehearsal space is not even 12 foot by 12 foot so it's very cramped and we have to play over old malfunctioning amps and a gnarly drumkit.

Take in mind what I stated: our current rehearsal space is 12x12 and it has a FLAT roof, now take in mind that it was 100 degrees outside and the sun is shining directly on the roof. We were being cooked alive in there. We all took a lot of drinks with us but it wasn't enough. As I'm typing this down, it's five hours after I got home and I'm still light headed and feeling extremely unwell because of that. And according to the forecast, this hot and humid weather will continue for two weeks.

I hate summer.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: 100 A**hole degrees today and my band rehearsed.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »
 ;D
Digresion our specialty!

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 02:58:18 AM »
Here in Greece its 35+ C outside (in my house its about 26C). Damn I hate summer too.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
Bret's grinning because it's Autumn down there... cheeky swine...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
 Autumn in Adelaide is the best time of year.  Especially after the stupidly hot summer we had.
Digresion our specialty!

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »
This is remindin' me that I need some kind of Swamp Cooler & a frig & so forth in my Studio 2CG
(2 car garage)
Keep soakin' your bandana in ice water, that helps a lot!
I love Summer! I was born in the Summer & it's always been my fav time of the year!
That's one reason I lived in Hawaii for 10 years--Endless Summer!
Gonna be a great Summer here in Surf City! Gonna be takin' my acoustic bass guitar to the beach.
Gonna be boogie boarding & gettin' good & suntan too!!
Lookin' for some new bandmates too & I'll tell 'em:

Kick out the JAMS, futhermuckers!

Stay coool & stay tuned...I'm sure I'll be braggin' about how great my Summer is here.
Go jump in the lake if you ain't near an ocean or a river...or just take a lotta cold showers

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:36:17 AM »
This is a few months ago to ease your heat

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:31:36 AM »
John, I must say that compared to what we were dealing with here at that time those pics were a calming sight.
Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »
Those snow pics make me miss the northern winters, all I have to do is forget about the shoveling, snowblowing, plowing and slipping on the ice.