Author Topic: On the road with The Nasty Habits  (Read 8250 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: On the road with The Nasty Habits
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 03:16:29 AM »
It's always the same when women travel. Taking with you only what you really need is an alien, impenetrable concept to them. I'm waiting for a hauler on the next outing.  :mrgreen: Those shoes/boots have to go somewhere!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:33:51 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 10:25:34 AM »

Ya know there's days when I open the closet door and think to myself "I don't have a thing to wear"............. ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 04:42:07 AM »
Mark has the SubiLowRider!

A Lowbaru!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
A Lowbaru!

No relation to a Lowenbrau, although I'm sure he's had a few of those, too.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 09:39:11 AM »

Awhile back we mentioned microbrews............we have one here called Mac and Jack's, when it's Beer:30, that's what I like  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »
I'm a fan of Hale's Ale, too.  I met Mike Hale when he was still a county extension agent in Colville, and was buying used stainless steel tanks from a defunct dairy and setting them up to brew his first batch!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »

Ahhhhh............ Colville!

My birthplace!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
any body ever tried brewin' their own beer. it pretty easy.i had a friend who was a chef, everytime we went to his place we had home cooked,home brewed and home grown....damn i miss that dude
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
any body ever tried brewin' their own beer. it pretty easy.i had a friend who was a chef, everytime we went to his place we had home cooked,home brewed and home grown....damn i miss that dude

I'll tell ya, if I could make my own alcohol - well between that and certain "other" pursuits I'd never leave the house............ ;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 01:02:09 PM »
Been there, done that.... hic! favourite brew was concentrated pear juice with Champagne yeast... 12% was the average percentage... lethal stuff...  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

21 years of brewery peripheral work... no distilleries, though...

When we nearly moved up to the Highlands of Scotland in 2004 my ideal job would have been as a maintenance engineer in the Muir of Ord Distillery - my favourite dram...  ;D  ;D  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 03:00:44 PM »
I cheat.  I make home brew but don't go the full route of cooking the barley - I buy the prefab kits which include a can of hopped malt extract and a pack of dried yeast, like the Cooper's malt extract kits shown here: http://www.thegrape.net/browse.cfm/2,1145.html .

That makes it pretty simple.

There are kits from a number of makers on the same site:

http://www.thegrape.net/browse.cfm/2,1106.html

As our past peerless leader said, it's not rocket surgery.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »

As our past peerless leader said, it's not rocket surgery.

Norm Crosby was our past peerless leader?  :o

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 09:01:37 PM »
Norm Crosby was our past peerless leader?  :o

I think you're right!  It explains SO much.....including the convoluted speech!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:33:30 AM by Pilgrim »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 05:16:25 AM »
Heh Mark we had a garage sale over the weekend and had several people who drove into Chicago for a big Model Railroad show. One guy had a full size van jammed full with train stuff.

They went on & on about model rail roading and about the show.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2009, 05:45:17 AM »
My wife Cath convenes the largest Antiques, Collectors and Hobbies fair in Australia and for the last 2 years she has had the "N" gauge railway guys come up and setup a huge display in part of one of the six venues. I know Mark is into this but I'd never really seen one of these displays up close before. The level of detail was incredible.
Digresion our specialty!